My View on "New Looks"

Gonzo14

Reaction score
A lot of people have been commenting on how the classic characters have gotten what are (in my opinion) small tweeks and alterations in their appearance,

for the most part I like to ignore them because either way they're still the same characters we grew up watching,

however, there is one way to think of it in the real of the "muppet cannon" and that is that the small changes could be "aging",

now I know that the muppets are timeless, but in the fictional muppet realm they've been around for 45-50 years, so it's only natural that a few small changes in appearance could happen,

that's just my rambling thoughts of how I like to look at things

beaker

Reaction score
A lot of people have been commenting on how the classic characters have gotten what are (in my opinion) small tweeks and alterations in their appearance,

for the most part I like to ignore them because either way they're still the same characters we grew up watching,

however, there is one way to think of it in the real of the "muppet cannon" and that is that the small changes could be "aging",

now I know that the muppets are timeless, but in the fictional muppet realm they've been around for 45-50 years, so it's only natural that a few small changes in appearance could happen,

that's just my rambling thoughts of how I like to look at things
True...characters evolve. For awhile Animal looked weird however, with the super shaggy style. Sam looked a bit odd at D23. But then Bohemian Rhapsody hits...and my goodness, it's like all the characters look unbelievably perfect.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
aside from Animal and Gonzo's recent look...i think Miss Piggy & Fozzie has gone thew the MOST "tweeks" even when Jim was alive.

:busy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've got to say that most of the characters (Janice, Rizzo and even Fozzie) are looking great! Some key characters are not as well designed (Animal, Gonzo and Miss Piggy). Other nitpicks are that Pepe's eye focus is becoming uncomfortably crossed for some reason and I want Scooter's shiny jacket back. I can really live with these remodels except for the pig. It's obvious the builders are having trouble with the design. There seems to be much inconsistency between versions.

We can nit-pick but I'm glad the Muppets are making some noise even if the puppets aren't always perfect.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Except Gonzo... but I'm just used to his '90s look.
I totally agree.

But with that said, again characters evolve over the years, even in these days, and they probably always will... after all, look at all these years of Rosita having wings and then recently losing them.