Select Muppet DVDs Include Magnets

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.stitchkingdom.com/2009/11/02/muppets-make-magnificent-movie-magnet-marketing-maneuver/

Muppets Make Magnificent Movie Magnet Marketing Maneuver ...
By Brad
Beginning this week and running through January 3, 2010, select Muppet DVDs will come with a bonus magnet dress-up set featuring a primary cast member teamed up.
StitchKingdom.com - http://www.stitchkingdom.com/
A friend of mine sent me this. It's kind of neat that Fozzie, Gonzo and Kermit magnets are featured with Whatnot Muppet magnets, each set up so you can mix and match the clothes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Hmmm, not too interested in these, but then again, they're probably DVDs that have been out for awhile (unless the annoucned Studio DC DVDs come out relatively soon after the official release date is announced).

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The listed DVD pairings are:
TMM = Kermit & Orange Whatnot
GMC = Fozzie & Blue Whatnot
MCC = Gonzo & Green Whatnot

It's a very smart way to market these reissues (barring any unforeseen demagnetization). I remember when Disney's Buena Vista had the rights to distribute VHS Muppet movies in the 90s that came with little plastic watches. These magnets look much better and place the characters where families most look every day - - the refrigerator!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well wait why not put piggy on MTI? Makes me really want to get my hands on these. I'm going to have to re stock my Muppet Show DVD's first. I messed up and let my kids get a hold of them, now they will not play at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good thing I don't have GMC and MCC yet! Stuff like this is why I usually wait a while for DVD releases... they either come with stuff or go on a deep discount or something.

I hope they continue this with other characters for other releases... I would LOVE for TMS Season 4 to come with, let's say, Animal or Beaker...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I remember when Disney's Buena Vista had the rights to distribute VHS Muppet movies in the 90s that came with little plastic watches.
I worked at the Disney Store when those watches came out over 10 years ago (maybe even 15 years ago) and I still have them. The batteries are long since dead, but I have 'em! :smile:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Wait, are these just the Kermit's 50th Anniversary editons with extra magnets or entirely new releases worth considering a double dip? :concern:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wait, are these just the Kermit's 50th Anniversary editons with extra magnets or entirely new releases worth considering a double dip? :concern:
I suspect it's just the 50th anniversary editions with magnets shrinkwrapped inside.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I suspect it's just the 50th anniversary editions with magnets shrinkwrapped inside.
Jamie's right. I examined the packaging the other day at Best Buy, and they're really the exact same DVDs, just with the magnets shrinkwrapped on the outside of the case. I'm slightly considering double-dipping to get Kermit... but I'd have no where to put the magnets, so probably not. :stick_out_tongue: