Season 40 Press Kit!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
http://www.sesameworkshop.org/inside/pressroom/season40/parody

Although it's not complete, I'm literally sweating from excitement for this season! Right now, there's just descriptions, but not real clips. Bu, here' hoping! I love that The Count will be in an actual parody skit again and that Super Grover will make a new appearance outside a street scene for once! Oh, and Abby's CGI thing is going to be part of the show.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! Actually, I like the D Dance and Super K ones. Hee, take that Stupid K diet.
Not entirely sure how I feel about the Jon & Kate parody... Seems ordinary to me. Same could be said for the Mad Men and SJP fluff piece—does that dang smutsinthecity have to pervade every level of mass media? ! ? !

Also... Jason Mraz... I'll say it now so Drtooth doesn't have to... Why the actual singer and not a parody caricature Muppet like Jason Graz (Grass) instead?

Looking forward to Season 40 in less than two months now.
*Gets ready for the headache of a new batch of characters to add.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
I'm thinking that "Jon & Kate" may not even air, given what happened to the actual family's split-up.

SSLFan

Reaction score
*Gagh!*

Oscarfan beat me to the punch! Haha I was just about to post a thread about this too.:big_grin:

But anyways,

I'm soooo hyped about this season! The parodys look really funny. I'm sooooo looking forward to "D-Dance" the most. Gosh, I'm starting to get goosebumps again, lol.

:batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also... Jason Mraz... I'll say it now so Drtooth doesn't have to... Why the actual singer and not a parody caricature Muppet like Jason Graz (Grass) instead?
You know... now I'm thinking quite the opposite. Why not have these celeb musicians come in and do their own songs completely originally... no parody lyrics. Paul Simon and James Taylor are examples....

Sarah Jessica Parker in “Waiting for Big,” a parody of the television series Sex in the City Sarah Jessica Parker is waiting for “Big” so Super Grover brings her things that are big, bigger and biggest. However, these things are not the “Big” she’s waiting for. She’s waiting for Big Bird!
My sister made me watch this a few times... and I like it. This one is TOTALLY gonna have some moms rolling on the floor, even though their kids won't get it. Just be glad Samantha ain't gonna be on it (I can't even tell you what I'm thinking as a joke)

mr3urious

Reaction score
This season seems very promising with this new material.

zns

Reaction score
This looks like it's going to be a good year for Sesame Street. It's wonderful that with the way the researchers are still trying their best to make sure that they can give the audience want they want, the show is still as popular as ever, despite immense competition from other children's shows.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I was reading over the cast bios and it mentions that Elmilio recorded a verion of Sing with a group called Pink Martini.

zns

Reaction score
I was reading over the cast bios and it mentions that Elmilio recorded a verion of Sing with a group called Pink Martini.
Never knew about that. But anyway, I am really looking forard to see what the show holds in store for us fans as well as America's youth this year. I am especially excited to see the new material that Frank Oz recorded, especially that stuff without his major characters. :insatiable::frown::super:

APRena

Reaction score
Hah, I can imagine the Jon&Kate thing:

Two, two cheating parents!

Eight, eight bratty kids!

Thirty-six, yes, THIRTY SIX, television cameras! Ah-ah-ah! :batty: