Miss Piggy tonner doll

muppetperson

Reaction score
Strange that this post vanished!
My First mate Piggy arrived today and I was surprised that it didnt come with any paper work what so ever...No Warranty card, no COA, no product story or numbered edition. Is this normal for Tonner products?:confused:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
My First mate Piggy arrived today and I was surprised that it didnt come with any paper work what so ever...No Warranty card, no COA, no product story or numbered edition. Is this normal for Tonner products?:confused:
Where did you buy it from? That does sound very unusual. My mom is a doll collector and owns a few of Tonner's designer dolls and they always come with a COA and a number, etc.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Where did you buy it from? That does sound very unusual. My mom is a doll collector and owns a few of Tonner's designer dolls and they always come with a COA and a number, etc.
I got her from Dreamcastle Dolls in Texas.The dealer has responded that Tonner used to put in a booklet, but stopped when production costs went up.Apparently, 1000 isnt that limited for Tonner, unless it is around 300-400 or a trade show exclusive.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Yes, Muppetperson, this is VERY normal for Tonner. Even his DC Stars collection figures don't come with any COA.

I received my First Mate Piggy and Piggy Takes Manhattan yesterday and I am sooooooo thrilled. I wrote reviews for both and just want to take a few pics within the next few days and WILL post them in this thread.

Will Post Reviews soon!

muppetguy

Reaction score
Here are my Reviews as Promised!

I received both my Miss Piggy Takes Manhattan and First Mate Piggy yesterday. Below are the reviews for each of them:

Piggy Takes Manhattan:
The same and only real issue I have for all the Piggy dolls are the lack of pose-ability. But, I do have to say, once I opened the box and parted those two sheets of tissue paper, I was amazed, once again.

This Piggy SCREAMS PIGGY! I know, some of you reading this will not get what I’m saying while others will totally get it right of the bat. What I mean by this is the fashion, the couture, the sexiness appeal. Tonner has stayed very true to Piggy’s personal sense of style and fame-ness….I think I just made up a word…LOL.

One thing I was glad to see is that her wig is not as “yellow golden” as in the press pics”. It’s a softer golden blonde hue and looks fantastic.

The colors of her ensemble of bright magenta and a softer green match wonderfully.

The only gripe I had when looking at the press photos was the oversized hat she wears. Once I placed it on her, she was complete and really and honestly loved it.

This doll definitely says, “Miss Piigy takes a stroll down 5th and Madison!”
Pictures:
1. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00001-3.jpg

2. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00002-4.jpg

Out of 5 stars I give her a 5 for the look and style, but a 4.5 because of the lack of pose-ability.

First Mate Piggy:
I was very happy to see Tonner release a Piggy doll from the Muppet Show era, and which one better to do it with then our own First Mate Piggy from Pigs In Space.

One thing I have to say is amazing are her boots. They are ridiculously hot! The fit on snuggly with a zipper in the back of them. The best way I was able to pull down on the zipper was the GENTLY spread both sides of the boot away from each other and the zipper will move down.

Her gloves come in two pieces. First you have her hand section which fits on like all the other gloves that come with any of the other Miss Piggy Dolls. These though, stop at her wrist. Then you place the cuff over it and closes shut with Velcro. There isn’t much assembling anything on this Piggy.

Her Purple dress shirt is fantastic with the Pigs in Space emblem stitch onto it and tiny stars to finish the look we know and love.

Her hair is a darker brown with less curl, bringing us back to the first few seasons of Pigs In Space.

Pictures:

1. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00003-3.jpg

2. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00006-3.jpg

Out of 5 stars I also give this one a 5!

As for the lack of Stands for all the piggy dolls, there is a wonderful remedy for this. I ordered all my Piggy Dolls for www.mydollshop.com. Here she can supply a stand wide enough for Piggy’s waist and hides very well under her clothes.

The prices at www.mydollshop.com are also much lower than many other sites. Breakdown of Prices, just if people are curious:

Basic Piggy: $85.00

Piggy Takes Manhattan: $170.00

My Fair Piggy and First Mate Piggy are not pictured on the website, but was told by Lynn, owner of mydollshop, that they can be ordered if you call up and ask for them. They are also cheaper. I ordered my First Mate Piggy from her too.

Wigs and separate outfits are also at lower price.

One thing for sure, you will get THE best customer service from Lynn from mydollshop.com. She always strives to help and always keeps you updated on orders.

I hope these reviews help many of you purchase your Piggy collectibles.

muppet baby

Reaction score
I received both my Miss Piggy Takes Manhattan and First Mate Piggy yesterday. Below are the reviews for each of them:

Piggy Takes Manhattan:
The same and only real issue I have for all the Piggy dolls are the lack of pose-ability. But, I do have to say, once I opened the box and parted those two sheets of tissue paper, I was amazed, once again.

This Piggy SCREAMS PIGGY! I know, some of you reading this will not get what I’m saying while others will totally get it right of the bat. What I mean by this is the fashion, the couture, the sexiness appeal. Tonner has stayed very true to Piggy’s personal sense of style and fame-ness….I think I just made up a word…LOL.

One thing I was glad to see is that her wig is not as “yellow golden” as in the press pics”. It’s a softer golden blonde hue and looks fantastic.

The colors of her ensemble of bright magenta and a softer green match wonderfully.

The only gripe I had when looking at the press photos was the oversized hat she wears. Once I placed it on her, she was complete and really and honestly loved it.

This doll definitely says, “Miss Piigy takes a stroll down 5th and Madison!”
Pictures:
1. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00001-3.jpg

2. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00002-4.jpg

Out of 5 stars I give her a 5 for the look and style, but a 4.5 because of the lack of pose-ability.

First Mate Piggy:
I was very happy to see Tonner release a Piggy doll from the Muppet Show era, and which one better to do it with then our own First Mate Piggy from Pigs In Space.

One thing I have to say is amazing are her boots. They are ridiculously hot! The fit on snuggly with a zipper in the back of them. The best way I was able to pull down on the zipper was the GENTLY spread both sides of the boot away from each other and the zipper will move down.

Her gloves come in two pieces. First you have her hand section which fits on like all the other gloves that come with any of the other Miss Piggy Dolls. These though, stop at her wrist. Then you place the cuff over it and closes shut with Velcro. There isn’t much assembling anything on this Piggy.

Her Purple dress shirt is fantastic with the Pigs in Space emblem stitch onto it and tiny stars to finish the look we know and love.

Her hair is a darker brown with less curl, bringing us back to the first few seasons of Pigs In Space.

Pictures:

1. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00003-3.jpg

2. http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr216/frankiec_album/DSC00006-3.jpg

Out of 5 stars I also give this one a 5!

As for the lack of Stands for all the piggy dolls, there is a wonderful remedy for this. I ordered all my Piggy Dolls for www.mydollshop.com. Here she can supply a stand wide enough for Piggy’s waist and hides very well under her clothes.

The prices at www.mydollshop.com are also much lower than many other sites. Breakdown of Prices, just if people are curious:

Basic Piggy: $85.00

Piggy Takes Manhattan: $170.00

My Fair Piggy and First Mate Piggy are not pictured on the website, but was told by Lynn, owner of mydollshop, that they can be ordered if you call up and ask for them. They are also cheaper. I ordered my First Mate Piggy from her too.

Wigs and separate outfits are also at lower price.

One thing for sure, you will get THE best customer service from Lynn from mydollshop.com. She always strives to help and always keeps you updated on orders.

I hope these reviews help many of you purchase your Piggy collectibles.

Thank you for posting the great photos and reveiws , i love the first mate piggy the best i am going to see if i can get one now .

Pigs in space is one of my faverite muppets skits very :smile::excited:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply,muppetguy.And great reports, too.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. Just trying to be helpful. Hope my reviews and pictures help! I am so happy with my Piggys :wink: