Miss Piggy at Macy's Glamorama '09

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I don't know WHY there hasn't been a thread about this yet, but our pig is sweeping the web and the fashion world. She's been looking absolutely stunning, just like she always should. Her interviews have been spot on, and so has the puppet and the clothes. Great publicity for the Muppets, and Piggy especially, who's really been needing it.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Macy's_Glamorama

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't know WHY there hasn't been a thread about this yet, but our pig is sweeping the web and the fashion world. She's been looking absolutely stunning, just like she always should. Her interviews have been spot on, and so has the puppet and the clothes. Great publicity for the Muppets, and Piggy especially, who's really been needing it.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Macy's_Glamorama
She looks better in some shots than others. Are there multiple puppets? There was a time when this sort of thing would have a nice little section on the site. :sympathy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
She looks better in some shots than others. Are there multiple puppets? There was a time when this sort of thing would have a nice little section on the site. :sympathy:
It looks to me like they've only been consistently using one puppet for this appearance. I remember when something as big as this would make the home page... :smirk:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I did see it on TheMuppetNewsFlash blog, but that's about it. And the only reason I got it there is because I follow Greg on Twitter. But anyway, I guess I'm just agreeing with Prawnie, this used to be big enough news to warrent not just a thread, but also an article on the homepage...

Beauregard

Reaction score
YES! Swine Flu aside, this year really IS turning into the Year of the Pig! Miss Piggy (who usually gets so much negative attention) completely shines in this appearance, and all of the massive magazine coverage that they have had about it! She was even on the Vogue website!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Great exhibit. I went to a costume display of Kylie Minogues outfits, it was very interesting, I'd love to see the Piggy, why cant we have these over here in the UK.

I have the pics of Piggy in the Gold quilt Burberry outfit, I will try to add them to Wiki if you would all like to see them.

I wonder if efx could use the Piggy Dummies for the poser. Maybe a designer could be used for her outfit and replicated?

Chris

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think that's where the confusion of whether they are using different Piggy's is from. Some of the pictures are of the dummies in the windows, and some are of our excellent Diva swine.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think that's where the confusion of whether they are using different Piggy's is from. Some of the pictures are of the dummies in the windows, and some are of our excellent Diva swine.
I think by "dummies", that Kermieuk was refering to the headless bodies.Yeah, that would be a great reference for the Piggy body.
I have seen a picture of Miss Piggy arriving on the motorcyle, and she looked terrible.I think it was because her hair looked straggly(probably the wind got to it) and she was taken with her head turned, so you could only see one eye and her mouth was in a funny position.She looked drunk.Sorry, Miss P!

Beauregard

Reaction score
Note: When she was appearing on the motorcycle, I am led to understand that she was also singing Lady Gaga's Pokerface...Perhaps she was supposed to look drunk :stick_out_tongue:

I agree though, the straightened thin hair look is really not her best, but I love her Marc Jacobs pictures with the wavy curls.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
Miss Piggy looks greattt! I love it!

Piggy looks a little ''hairy'' arounf the snout. She looks soo pretty. I like the stright hair every once and a while!