Replace the muppet!

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, we all know the Muppet Show had great numbers, but some of the characters in them kinda... stuck out like sore thumbs... So, which number would you edit, IF YOU COULD, and put some other muppets or replace some in it? And what would be your reason?

Will the Circle Be Unbroken.
Take out: Raccoon, Weasle, Fox, Weasle, Generic Pig, that fiddle player, and one Chicken, and replace them with:
Rowlf, Zoot, Dr.Teeth, Animal, Link, Lips.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Will the Circle Be Unbroken.
Take out: Raccoon, Weasle, Fox, Weasle, Generic Pig, that fiddle player, and one Chicken, and replace them with:
Rowlf, Zoot, Dr.Teeth, Animal, Link, Lips.
I have to agree with you on that.

In the Danny Kaye "Inchworm" number, I think I'd replace a few of the generic whatnots with Gladys (though after recieving the thrid season set I now realise that she was pretty much gone by then) and Louis Kazagger.

Although I like the character, I think in Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou number I'd replace Zeke with Dr. Teeth.

In Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover I would replace Rizzo with Lips.

In Hal Lindon's Yankee Doodle Dandy number and the Carol Burnett episode I'd replace the generic bands with the Muppet orchestra.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In Teressa Brewer's Cottonfields number I'd repalce the generic female trumpet player with Trumpet Girl. I'd also put Trumpet Girl in the orchestra in the Roy Clark, Gilda Radner, and Jean Stapleton episodes in place of generic whatnot musicians (though she is more-or-less a generic whatnot musician).

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I have to agree with you on that.

In the Danny Kaye "Inchworm" number, I think I'd replace a few of the generic whatnots with Gladys (though after recieving the thrid season set I now realise that she was pretty much gone by then) and Louis Kazagger.

Although I like the character, I think in Linda Ronstadt's Blue Bayou number I'd replace Zeke with Dr. Teeth.

In Fifty Ways to Leave Your Lover I would replace Rizzo with Lips.

In Hal Lindon's Yankee Doodle Dandy number and the Carol Burnett episode I'd replace the generic bands with the Muppet orchestra.
Lips doesn't fit in. The song had no brass. Besides, Rizzo was perfect for Animal to try and eat.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Lips doesn't fit in. The song had no brass. Besides, Rizzo was perfect for Animal to try and eat.
That doesn't mean that Lips couldn't have played a different instrument for once. Zoot played the tambourine in the closing number. Lips is the only member of the band who has only played one instrument.