The Muppet Orchestra's Later Outfits in Merchandising

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Has anybody ever noticed that although each member of The Electrci Mayhem was given a new outfit by the time of MTM, that it's been rare for them to be depicted in merchandise (especially illustrations) in those outfits? The comic book adaptation of The Muppets Take Manhattan, for example, shows them all in their original outfits.

Have any members of the band ever been drawn in later outfits in any official illustrations?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ever noticed that although each member of The Electrci Mayhem was given a new outfit by the time of MTM, that it's been rare for them to be depicted in merchandise (especially illustrations) in those outfits? The comic book adaptation of The Muppets Take Manhattan, for example, shows them all in their original outfits.

Have any members of the band ever been drawn in later outfits in any official illustrations?
Janice's pigtail has to go. That came from the MTM period. But I don't mind the updated clothes.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It's a good thing that Janice has never officialy been illustrated with her pony tail. And it seems that she's kept it in the years since (though I can't remember if it's in Letters to Santa).

And it is interesting that each member (except Lips) has had an outfit change over the years, some multiple, and yet all except for Janice have at some points gone back to their original outfits, in addition to newer outfits. These days it seems like Floyd sometimes wears his original Sgt. Pepper outfit, and sometiems wears a bluejean jacket and different hat. I don't think Dr. Teeth has worn his black leather vest in a long time. I noticed that at the end of Letters to Santa that Janice returned to her sweater from some season 5 epsidoes, The Great Muppet Caper, and other early 1980s productions.