April Fools: Boom! announces upcoming Sesame Street comics

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to the Boom! Studios website, Boom! has gotten the rights to release a collection of Sesame Street comics, with many artists and writers attached to the project, including Roger Langridge, Mark Waid, Tim Beetle, and... get his... Joe Matheau.

Like The Muppet Show Comic Book series, the Sesame Street comic book series will have four-issue series, and will mix street stories with many short, unrelated comic sketches. The first four-issue series will be alphabet-focused. Each book will have a different plot, but the letter segments will be in alphabetical order, with issue one focusing on the letters A through H, issue 2 focusing on I through P, issue 3 focusing on the letters Q through U, and the final one focusing on letters V through Z. This four-part series will be followed by a numbers series.

And while characters, locations, settings, and sketches from all eras will be represented, the comic will have a retro 1970s look, and will primarily focus on what the show was like from the first 12 seasons. ELmo and Abby Cadabby will make appearances in every issue, though they aren't planned to be main characters, and be on the look-out for many old school characters like Roosevelt Franklin, Biff and Sully, Don Music, Simon Soundman, Sherlock Hemlock, Professor Hoastings, and many more.

Although Boom! is releasing both Sesame Street and Muppet comics, don't expect any major crossovers anytime soon, and don't expect kermit to be heavily featured in the Sesame comics. However, in issue one, look for a familiar green hand coming from the side of one panel during a big crowd scene.

APRIL FOOLS

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, before I posted this april fools joke, has anybody else thought that Boom! shhould release Sesame comics? It would be cool. And man, Boom must be the new Palisades.:big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, before I posted this april fools joke, has anybody else thought that Boom! shhould release Sesame comics? It would be cool.
Of course.... BOOM seems to be a Disney centric company (hense the other titles being Pixar films... I gotta get that Incredibles series), so it would be out of the question... I WOULD love to see someone make a Sesame Street comic/magazine type deal for older and younger fans... similar to those NHK guide Manga (look it up in Muppet Wiki) but with much more stylized art. Something with multipage comics featuring Ernie and Bert, Sherlock Hemlock, and hey... even Elmo (as long as he doesn't overtake the entire issue).

I think that the Muppet Show comics proved that The Muppet Show could be done... so I think Sesame could be easy as pie.

I'd rather see a new Fraggle Rock comic, though.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't know that Disney owns Boom! but if there were to be Sesame Street comic books, I wouldn't expect Sesame Workshop to actually own the company publishing it. But if it were to ever happen, I'd hope that Roger Langridge works freelance and gets considered.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I didn't know that Disney owns Boom! but if there were to be Sesame Street comic books, I wouldn't expect Sesame Workshop to actually own the company publishing it. But if it were to ever happen, I'd hope that Roger Langridge works freelance and gets considered.
I don't know if Disney owns Boom perse.... but I think it may just be their main licensee/