Muppets Comics Wishes Thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't know what will happen to The Muppet Show Comic Book after Langridge has finished his first 8 issues, but I hope it carries on. I'd like to take a crack at drawing a classic Muppet Show comic :smile:
Yeah, when artwork from the preview issue and some sketch work for the first cover had first been posted, I know that at least one fan said that he'd have liked it if a variety of different artists were involved, and while Langridde appears to be doing an amazing job (I still haven't found any copies of eithe rissue, so I've been exposed to what's been posted online), it would be great if other writers and artists could be given chances to work on certain comics. If I had the opportunity to write Muppet comics for Boom! I'd rather write a TMS comic than a storybook adaptartion, or at the very least something where the Muppets play themselves and that would invovle as many existing characters as possible.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A lot has been said about Langridge's take on the Muppets being mostly from the waist up and inside the theater. While I enjoy this perspective, I'd like to just see a general Muppet comic book where the characters are in the theater, outside the theater and elsewhere. Kind of like what's up in the off hours. Where do they go? What do they do? A comic book is the perfect place to explore that. I'd rather see that than literature parody, but that's a classic staple of Muppetdom. It's just that on the program the parodies were skits whereas the comic books and themed theatrical MCC and MTI films were all-encompassing.

So what would I like to see? A little bit of Muppet freedom with the humor coming from the characters or circumstance rather than location or gimmick. I’m sure whatever Boom! puts out will be good. That’s just my taste.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I like the idea of the storybook titles, but I'd much rather see some real variety, and see them in other situations... some outside of the Muppet show all together. Or, of course... more explored versions of skits like Pigs in Space or even bear on Patrol. I'd say, something like a comic book equivalent to the Little Muppet Monsters cartoon segments... What better way to jump start Kermit P.I.?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With Muppet Peter Pan coming soon, her eis what I thinka good cast listing might be:
  • Peter Pan- Kermit (DUH! Plus, it's confirmed)
  • Wendy - Miss Piggy
  • John - Fozzie Bear or Scooter (the other can be a lost boy)
  • Michael - Robin
  • Tinkerbell - either Rizzo or Pepe in drag (the other can be a lost boy)
  • Captain Hook - either Gonzo, Link Hogthrob, or Statler (see below) (otherwise, Gonzo can be a lost boy)
  • Smee - either Pops, Dr. Strangepork, or Waldorf (see above)
  • The Alligator - a Muppet alligator
  • Pirates - Sweetums, Doglion, Mutations, Mean Mama, Uncle Deadley, Blue Frackle, Green Frackle, Gorgon Heap, Behemoth, Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster, Crazy Harry, Marvin Suggs, and Angel Marie
  • Lost Boys - Beaurgard, The Swedish Chef, Lew Zealand, Thog, Fletcherbird, Bunsen, Beaker, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, Lips, and any maybies listed above... and maybe also Leon, Clifford, Seymour, Bobo, and Bean
  • Mermaids - Janice, Annie Sue, and maybe Spamela, Zondra (though she'd also make a good pirate), and Mildred

I don't think the parents should be shown. Then again, considering that in most productiosn the father is the same actor as Captain Hook, and if Statler plays Hook while Waldorf plays Smee, maybe Statler and Waldorf can be caregivers for the kids, as opposed to them having parents.

Nick22

Reaction score
With Muppet Peter Pan coming soon, her eis what I thinka good cast listing might be:
  • Peter Pan- Kermit (DUH! Plus, it's confirmed)
  • Wendy - Miss Piggy
  • John - Fozzie Bear or Scooter (the other can be a lost boy)
  • Michael - Robin
  • Tinkerbell - either Rizzo or Pepe in drag (the other can be a lost boy)
  • Captain Hook - either Gonzo, Link Hogthrob, or Statler (see below) (otherwise, Gonzo can be a lost boy)
  • Smee - either Pops, Dr. Strangepork, or Waldorf (see above)
  • The Alligator - a Muppet alligator
  • Pirates - Sweetums, Doglion, Mutations, Mean Mama, Uncle Deadley, Blue Frackle, Green Frackle, Gorgon Heap, Behemoth, Mad Monty, Clueless Morgan, Polly Lobster, Crazy Harry, Marvin Suggs, and Angel Marie
  • Lost Boys - Beaurgard, The Swedish Chef, Lew Zealand, Thog, Fletcherbird, Bunsen, Beaker, Dr. Teeth, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, Lips, and any maybies listed above... and maybe also Leon, Clifford, Seymour, Bobo, and Bean
  • Mermaids - Janice, Annie Sue, and maybe Spamela, Zondra (though she'd also make a good pirate), and Mildred
I don't think the parents should be shown. Then again, considering that in most productiosn the father is the same actor as Captain Hook, and if Statler plays Hook while Waldorf plays Smee, maybe Statler and Waldorf can be caregivers for the kids, as opposed to them having parents.
i think mildred would make a pretty hideous mermaid

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was kinda hopin' for:

Peter Pan: Sherri Netherland
Michael: Earl Sinclair
John: Large Marvin
Wendy: Unnamed one pupiled background singer from "Any Old Iron" (in drag)
Tinkerbelle: Mr. Poodlepants
and
Captain Hook: Easter Island Pig head from Muppet Treasure Island.

:wisdom:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought of a few adaptations for the comics that haven't been announced or desired by Boom! in any of the press releases.

Muppets Snow White
  • Snow White - Janice
  • Wicked Queen - Miss Piggy (with Foo-Foo as the queens dog, created for this story)
  • Seven Dwarfs - Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Bunsen, Beaker, and Lew Zealand
  • The Prince - Floyd Pepper (maybe with Dr. Teeth, Animal, Zoot, and Lips as coachmen or servants)
  • The Woodsman - Sweetums (or Link Hogthrob... or Beauregard)

Muppets Pinnocchio
  • Pinnocchio - Gonzo (Beaker would also be a good choice, if not for his limited speech)
  • The Crickett - Kermit
  • Ghepetto - Pops (or Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, with Beaker as Ghepetto's assistant)
  • The Fairy - Miss Piggy
  • Strombolli - Marvin Suggs
  • The Coachman - J.P. Grosse
  • Lampwick - Rizzo the Rat (or Fozzie Bear)
  • boys who go to pleasure island - Link Hogthrob, Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Animal, Zoot, Lips, Crazy Harry, Lew Zealand, Doglion, and maybe Pepe
  • Monstro - Sweetums

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another idea that could be good: A series of comics featuring several short comic stories with the Muppets. Perhaps 2-page, 4-page, and 6-page comic stories featuring a variety of different characters and situations, without any big connections or backstage scenes. And an idea like this could involve a number of different writers and artists.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was thinking yesterday that it would be cool if there was a four-issue series that I would title "the minor characters collection", with each issue focusing on a different semi-obscure character, and heavily featuring other minor characters, in the opening two-page spreads and in many acts, but also featuring main characters.

I would have each A issue take place backstage, with the main characetr being the focal point of the cover, and having a variety of characters on the upstairs balcony and on the lower floor, and have another minor character in the "Muppet Show" "O".

I would have issue #1 be a Lew Zealand issue, issue #2 be a Pops issue, issue #3 be a Beauregard issue, and issue #4 be a Sweetums issue.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few more fairy tale comic ideas:

Muppet Aladdin

Cast
  • Aladdin - Kermit
  • Jasmine - Miss Piggy
  • Jafar - Phil van Neuter
  • Aladdin's Buddy (I don't know whether Abu or any pet monkey exists in the original story) - Fozzie
  • The Genie - Gonzo
  • The Sultan - Dr. Strangepork
  • a potential suitor for Jasmine - Link Hogthrob
  • Palace Guards - Sam, Bobo, Sweetums, Doglion, and the Mutations
  • Palace Musicians - Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem
  • Palace Scientists - Bunsen and Beaker
  • Palace Cook - The Swedish Chef
  • Marketplace Ensemble - Scooter, Rowlf, Bean Bunny, Johnny Fiama, Sal, Mildred, George, Beauregard, Hilda, Wayne, Wanda, Annie Sue, Miss Mousey, Thog, Seymour, Pepe, Sopwith the Camel, chickens, penguins, rats, Rizzo, Zelda Rose, and whatnot arabs

I have been thinking that Ali Baba and the 40 Thieves might make a good story. After all, that'd mean there'd be at least 41 Muppets in the comic. But I don't know the story too well, and I don't know whether Ali Baba and the theives are friends or foes. And it'd be werid for Kermit to be fighting off so many of his close friends.

Another idea would be a four-issue comic hosted by Gonzo, reminscient of Tales from the Crib, Masterpeice Theater, and other such shows, with Gonzo in a library reading short self-contained stories starring the Muppets.