Muppets Comics Wishes Thread

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be great if near the end of the year Boom! Studios had there be a four-issue Muppet Show comic book where each issue celebrated a holiday? Issue 1 would be about halloween, issue 2 would be about thanksgiving, issue 3 would be about christmas, and issue 4 would be about new years?

In my mind, these should be what it might have been like if The Muppet Show actually had holiday episodes (the only thing closed to holiday episodes of The Muppet Show were the Vincent Price and Alice Cooper episodes, since fans seem to consider those honorary halloween episodes).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppets Comic Book Wish Thread

I thought I'd start a thread in which we share our wishes for the Muppet comic books from Boom! Studios. I recently started one sttaing thta it'd be cool if there was a four-part holiday issue, but I thought it'd be great to start a more general wishlist thread (too bad I didn't think of this before I started the other thread).

I would like for there to be an Electric Mayhem-themed comic book. For cover B, the middle image could include Animal, and the seven images around it would include Dr. Teeth, Floyd, Janice, Zoot, Lips, Rowlf, and Nigel, with Kermit in the Muppet Show "O". Or maybe Animal could share the image with Floyd and janice, in that case the two extra circles could be occupied by Miss Piggy and Gonzo. And if the main image were to be occupied by all five original mmebers, then perhaps Bunsen and Beaker could be in the extra images (they don't appear to be on any of the B covers). And if all six members were in the main image, then perhaps Sweetums could take the extra space.

We know that there'll be TMS and fairy tale comics, but it'd be good for there to be other kinds of comics as well. Perhaps there could be some movie parody comics. If Boom! can't legally parody any specific copyrighted movies, then maybe film noir spoofs could be done instead. Stuff like a four-issue Muppet comic based around detetcive films of the 1930s and 1940s, or a science fiction movie spoof. Still, if specific movie parodies could be allowed, I''d like to see a Muppet version of Back to the Future.

And although it's not my favorite recurring segment, it would be great to see a four-issue Pigs in Space comic book series.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd sort of like to see something akin to Muppets Tonight... but only with Kermit as the host. Or basically anything with newer characters.

Actually, a Tales from the Vet comic mini-series hosted by Van Neuter, and starring the muppets in satirical horror stories (something like the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror comics) would be great.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to see JHH and MT-based comics as well. For JHH, I wonder if it'd be just as challenging to draw many monitor images inside a comics panel a sit would be to make the computer-animated monitors and add images in post-production.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
it would be interesting to have comic issues based around backstories related to The Muppet Movie, showing what the Muppets did before they met Kermit and such. Also showcasing what Miss Piggy did between abandoning Kermit and meeting him again in the dessert, what Sweetums went through when chasing the car to Hollywood (I did do a fan fic like this once), and what made Scooter and the Electric Mayhem leave behind their plans to go after the Muppets (well, besides reading the screenplay).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Some wishes I have regarding what we know about:

For the Fozzie issue, it'd be great to see that one have an Electric Mayhem number or two, a Bear on Patrol sketch, a Muppet Labs sketch, and either a performance by Marvin Suggs and the Muppaphone or a boomerang fish act by Lew Zealand (or both).

For the Gonzo issue, it'd be great for that to have Muppet Labs and Muppet Sports, and an act by either of the jugbands, as well as a dance number with the full-body monsters.

Somehow, I have a feeling that the Miss Piggy issue will be more star-focused than the first three. I predict that one will have Pigs in Space (Roger Langridge said that he'll try to work that into almost every issue), Vets Hospital, a Sound of Music parody, and maybe another Miss Piggy number. But I hope that it has some non-Piggy sketches.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I totally think that a featured series should focus entirely on Pigs in Space. There's just so much you can do with a sci-fi setting. I think, out of all the animated muppet segments used in Little Muppet Monsters, PIS had the potential to become a cartoon of its own.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I totally think that a featured series should focus entirely on Pigs in Space. There's just so much you can do with a sci-fi setting. I think, out of all the animated muppet segments used in Little Muppet Monsters, PIS had the potential to become a cartoon of its own.
I was just rereading this, and man, I previously thought you were against such an idea.

The first issue begins with a short Muppet News Flash strip, but I think it might be interesting to see fake advertisements or comic strip "commerciasl" for ficticious products. Maybe ads for Doc Hopper's Frog Legs Restaurant, Mad man Mooney's Hubcap Heaven, and Ocean Breaze Soap. But it would also be interesting to have one-page comics with Rowlf and baskerville advertising some ficticious dog food brand, much like the Purina commercials.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have thought, wouldn't it be great if there was a four-issue series revolving around a ceertain character or group of characters, that wasn't part of The Muppet Show or storybook comics?

I was thinking, there could be a four-issue Electric Mayhem series, in which they go on tour, and each issue could focus on their adventures on the road between concerts. They could get lost in the desert, jungle, or a snowy place, or the bus could break down (or maybe get stuck halfway on the edge of a cliff), or the band could go to a spooky hotel, or be chased. There are many thigns that could be done with them.

Amy

Reaction score
These are all very neat ideas.
As I've said in other comic threads, Disney is keen to do a LOT with the Muppets and Boom has plenty of story ideas in development from many different writers and creators.
Even though it's Boom that are producing the actual comics, all the stories have to be approved by Disney first. So some stories which sound cool for a comic might not pass because they'll conflict with something else Disney has in mind somewhere else. That's just the way it goes.

I don't know what will happen to The Muppet Show Comic Book after Langridge has finished his first 8 issues, but I hope it carries on. I'd like to take a crack at drawing a classic Muppet Show comic :smile:

I do know that they WILL be taking breaks between titles. So after Roger has finished Peg-Leg Wilson, they could very well choose to take a pause with the Muppet Show to focus on some storybook titles.
That makes sense. As others have said, it prevents too many titles from flooding out there and confusing people.