Hey Cinderella and The Frog prince .

muppet baby

Reaction score
Does anyone remember these great specials ?

I had these as a kid on the Video machine can not rememnber the name of it but it was the big disc that you take in and out i hope that makes sense LOL .

ok now i remember what it was called CED discs they where out for seveal years then VHS came out sometime in the early 80s LOL . i had that for the frog price and hey cinderella and the frog prince it was double sided .

i think the only other copies the specals made it to was VHS and they are not out any more . sigh .

I hope this has not been talked about before on the forum and missed it somewhere .

I really loved these specals later i found the VHS s and wore them out to i am looking for a dvd of one of them seperate or on one dvd .

Better yet they could put it on Blu ray that would be great :super::cool:.

I miss these specals so much i really hope they come back out does anyone have any memerorys of thes great henson classics .

i think one of the Gorgs was in the frog price as i seem to remebeer is that right ?

Can anyone help with info on finding some copies beside some VHS my VCR is broken :cry:i would not mind having a another VHS copy it is just that no more VCR now sigh .

Anyone also want to share some great memories of these specals i watched them on my video copies every seveal times a week until they wore out Loved them so much still do .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I grew up on these specials too! They definitely contributed to the soundtrack of my childhood, so to speak. And they were probably my first exposures to the frog prince and Cinderella stories (which is sorta freaky when you think about it lol).

Like with Hey Cinderella, the prince is called Arthur. So I always compared this show to the Disney cartoon of King Arthur. When the King called for Featherstone, I used to think he was referring to the sword in the stone, lol. (Keep in mind I was very young lol).

I remember I used to sing Sir Robin's song as I was swinging on the swings in my backyard. I blended the phrase "noble of bearing" so it sounded like "noble-a-bearing" like it was one word, lol.

Muppetbaby, do you mean you had them on laser discs? For some reason my family never had those, we went straight to VHS, lol.

Have you checked Amazon for copies?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I dare say at least a good 80% of the users on this forum have watch these specials. Thankfully I have both on VHS.

I'm not trying to "pimp out" anything here or do a cheap plug but I just thought of this I actually do have another copy of the clamshell case of "Hey Cinderella," I'm willing to not it go for pretty cheap in anyone is interested. I'll test run it to see how good the picture is, though if memory serves me right, it's pretty good. The front cover is faded out though, I think it use to belong to a movie rented store (probably Hollywood video) and they let it to close to the window with the sun, :smirk:. But if anyone is interested, let me know.

That being said, these specials are awesome. I like The Frog Prince a little more and in the thread I stated titled "Anyone planning on seeing Disney's the Princess and the Frog," I'm hoping somehow Disney will use this special as a tie in with that movie. Maybe finally a DVD release just to get people more interested in their movie. I totally plan on seeing that Disney movie anyway, but that would be a totally sweet little bonus

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm hoping somehow Disney will use this special as a tie in with that movie. Maybe finally a DVD release just to get people more interested in their movie. I totally plan on seeing that Disney movie anyway, but that would be a totally sweet little bonus
Totally, there's so much potential that's going unnoticed.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I only saw The Frog Prince when they showed it on Nickelodeon... I've always loved it, and I had no idea it was so old. I thought it was brand new when I saw it in the 90's *lol*
Everytime I hear Robin's song it makes me want to cry;.;...Such an honest, tiny little frog *hugs him*
I think that movie is one of the reasons Robin is my favorite main muppet :smile: (And even, why Robin is one of my favorite boy names :3)

Kiki

Reaction score
I love those specials. :smile: I've only seen Hey, Cinderella! once, when I rented it from a video shop (which is now gone) about five years back. I still own my old video of The Frog Prince, that's a great show. :smile: I also love The Muppet Musicinas of Bremen, which I bought on video about five years ago. Took me ages to find, lol.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I've only really seen Frog Prince. The choice of Robin, who was introduced here, has always fascinated me, since Prince Robin was at least in his teen years. It was rather squeaky clean for a story ... which I ridicule frequently in Comeback King. However, my Prince Robin also makes a valid point ... fairy tales, no matter how sanitized they are, still describe very disturbing things, so it's not fair to minimize what happens in them just because it's family-friendly in presentation.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
The Muppet version of The Frog Prince is my favorite rendition of the story. I remember watching it on Nickelodeon/Nick Jr. when I was younger. It was fun to see it again and realize I remembered most of it after all those years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've only really seen Frog Prince. The choice of Robin, who was introduced here, has always fascinated me, since Prince Robin was at least in his teen years. It was rather squeaky clean for a story.
Yeah overall pretty harmless; I know a couple of Henson books said the strength of these stories was more the anachorisms and off beat humor. :smile: