Elmo Puppet for Sale

MGov

Reaction score
I have to say, I know you are selling your Muppets® because you are short of money. But we all are. It still doesn't make it right.

You're selling someone else's intellectual property for $850.

I really just think it's wrong.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
That's not the "Muppets" it's actually Sesame Workshop. Even if he sold 60 elmos and two Zoe's that's not hurting sesame. Get real man. lol.

rtgentry

Reaction score
I have to say, I know you are selling your Muppets® because you are short of money. But we all are. It still doesn't make it right.

You're selling someone else's intellectual property for $850.

I really just think it's wrong.

YOu have every right to feel that way. I have every right to say PTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.. Gday Mgov, hey I still have those pics of the rowlf puppet you have... he he he

muppetguy

Reaction score
I really was thinking about....

I really was thinking about NOT putting my two cents in, but with rtgentry and the guy from ebay and all the haters on here, I have to say something.

I am happy that those of you who think this is morally wrong and don't make the muppets for yourselves, great for you.

But do realize, there are alot of amazing and talented puppet builders out there who build the muppet characters for themselves...but that's okay? See, I don't think that is fair...at all. I myself would like Fozzie, Piggy and Pepe....but can not have them....

Some of us do not have the talent or the means to build them and if someone is offering them up for sale while other companies who have a license(MR) oops, made that one slip, can't get them out to fans, people will want what they want.

I am not saying its bad or not, but there are so many facets to this type of story. People want what make them happy and if a muppet replica will make them happy, they will find any means to get that happiness. (And please no one use drugs as an example to this argument because that was used in the other forum.) I understand it is unlawful to make certain things, but people shouldn't cast the first stone. Im sure we all do things we shouldn't, at one point in our life.

If rtgentry needs to sell his items for money for his reasons, I don't think anyone should be saying anything. No one pays anyone else's bills and times are tough.

Thank you. My intension was not to offend anyone, just a point that's bottled up since the other ebay guy thread.:embarrassed:

rtgentry

Reaction score
Everyone reading this please remember the title of the Thread. You saw it, you clicked it, its for a puppet for sale. Not to start a conversation on anything else. So Mgov, you must have seen my elmo for sale and wanted it BUT then you saw you cant afford it , so then you start pouting . If you are not interested in buying an Elmo puppet for sale then dont read a thread about it. in the words of stan lee 'nuff said

MGov

Reaction score
Everyone reading this please remember the title of the Thread. You saw it, you clicked it, its for a puppet for sale. Not to start a conversation on anything else. So Mgov, you must have seen my elmo for sale and wanted it BUT then you saw you cant afford it , so then you start pouting . If you are not interested in buying an Elmo puppet for sale then dont read a thread about it. in the words of stan lee 'nuff said
Don't make assumptions about what I wanted or what I can afford or what I "cant" afford.

Perhaps you should tell everyone why you have the picture of the Rowlf I made myself and still have. And that you wanted to buy it from me and I refused to sell.

And if anyone wants to know why I built the Rowlf in the first place, feel free to send me a message and I'll tell you. There was actually a valid reason for it but not one that needs to be discussed in a public forum.

As for whether or not I should have clicked on this thread in the first place, a similar argument can be made about posting the thread. You knew before you started the thread that some people here feel strongly about the buying and selling of replicas. Maybe you should have expected my reaction and just ignored it or not posted the thread in the first place. Like muppetguy said, there are so many facets to this type of story.

I'm being consistent with what I've posted before, no matter who has been selling. I didn't post anything on your first two threads about selling the replicas you bought. So I posted something this time.

Sorry you're hurting financially.

rtgentry

Reaction score
whatever helps you sleep better at night