The good doctor and those who rock.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
We all know the core members of the mayhem band. Dr.Teeth, Janice, Animal, Floyd, Zoot, the usual cast of suspects, but can Lips, Rowlf, Zeke and Clifford really be considered part of the band?
I know Lips appeared mostly with the band, but also in the orchistra. Steve said Lips was only there so he could have a band member. If I remember correctly, it'd only make sense for Louis, Kathy, and who ever else was in the muppet's core group at the time to have one. Lips also never showed more personality, but he always seemed sorta... dense. But had a real joy for music.

Rowlf, like Lips, appeared with some members of the band, and was part of the 'musicans' group when M.A.M.M.A invaded the show. Rowlf also seemed to have a good relationship with Zoot, the two often playing nice slow music, and messing up some how.

Zeke and Clifford added a nice new breath to the mayhem when they appeared. Lips to, but I already did him.

Zeke, weather it was on Banjo or vibes, was another great add on. Zeke's fake yellow fur facial hair...say that five times fast, seemed to fit so well with Floyd, Dr.Teeth and Animal.

And finally, Clifford, possibly the best Solid Foam member, and fits in so perfectly in the Mayhem band, Rock and Rolling around the world is one of my favorite songs. Cliff's shades seemed to be like a small hint at the Mayhem band. Floyd, Zoot, Dr.Teeth, always had shades, or in Floyd's case, socket thingies. Clifford's skin, not trying to sound racist, fit so well with the mayhem's.
Janice's orange tan, Floyd's pink hue, Animal's red/orange, Zoot's, at the time, was blue green, Dr.Teeth was and always will be, deep green, and Lips was yellow orange, leaving only one color, Purple. And Clifford fit that...

So, do you consider these four as part of the mayhem?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
In my opinion, Lips and Clifford fit in the band the best. I've mentioned before that I wished they would have stuck with Lips to give the band more of a voice with Richard and Jim's passing all those years ago, and thinking about it now, I wish Clifford would have stuck with them too.
Zeke will always be apart of the Jug Band in my mind, since thats how I best remember him. He's too Lips, like in apperance (and like Beard from Solid Foam, but I digress). Then Rowlf is a solo act, but dosen't mind geting help with his preformances now and then.
I Also agree with you that both Lips and Clifford's skin tones just feel right when compaired to the other members ((Colorations based on my own perseption of the characters) Animal - red, Janice - orange, Lips - yellow, Dr. Teeth - green, Zoot - blue, Clifford - purple, and Floyd - pink)

Now that leads me to another question, what do you think of what happened in This clip from the Jim Henson Hour (it starts around 2:50 or so), when some members both Solid Foam and Electric Mayhem played together in a song? (I like to refer to them as being Electric Foam :wink: )

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Eh, I never liked that number, its to... rag time for either of the bands, and Animal sounds way off.

Rowlf is an unofficial member of the mayhem band, isn't it? He loves there music [or else he wouldn't even hang out with them, would he?]

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Rowlf is an unofficial member of the mayhem band, isn't it? He loves there music [or else he wouldn't even hang out with them, would he?]
To me, its all about your own opinion, because I haven't heard anything to support or aginst it. To me, he isn't really.
I also see what you mean about the Rag-Time quality of the song, but I think its a cool song.