Ugly Henson and Muppet promo comic from Big Boy (1979)

unclematt

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Henson Company let this go through

Oscarfan

Reaction score
They probably approved it before they saw the crummy art work.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I like on the cover how Jim's right foot is just dangling over the water. And just how big is Big Boy? His head's like twice the size of Jim's.

By the way, it's signed "Manny Stallman, AEA". Anyone know what "AEA" stands for? Maybe "Always Eat At (Big Boy)". Or "Anyone's Eventually (an) Artist".

:stick_out_tongue:

Vic Romano

Reaction score
can't sleep; snuffy will eat me... can't sleep; snuffy will eat me...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Is it me, or Busun (who's not a whatnot) is the most Muppet-esque Whatnot in that crowd?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is it me, or Busun (who's not a whatnot) is the most Muppet-esque Whatnot in that crowd?
Bunsen and Snuffy... basically the only 2 he even attempted to do right. Attempted.

This (or any issue, of it) really should have been included in the book "Holy $****! Weird Comics" I advise everyone to check that out when you got the time... parental digression advised, I ain't sayin' why...

You know, I just love the writer's sense of "humor" if you can call it that. When told where Big Birdette is, someone says the merry go round. Oscar says, "I like the MAD go round!" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! Oh, allusion, clever puns, and all that have nothing on replacing one word.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's quite weird, but I don't mind it that much, lol. I mean, I guess I'm looking at it from a retro sort of perspective. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Honestly, I think it's quite weird, but I don't mind it that much, lol. I mean, I guess I'm looking at it from a retro sort of perspective. :wink:

But then again, just because it's old doesn't mean it's always good. The plague is old.... and this thing should have been avoided as such. :hungry: