Kermit's siblings?

OldSchoolFan

Reaction score
Was there any mention on the Muppet Show as to who Kermit's sibling is that is the parent of Robin? that always seemed to kind of be a mystery to me.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Don't think it was ever mentioned on the Muppet Show who exactly were Robin's parents. However, in the fanfiction narrative entitled Robin's Story written by fellow forum member Beauregard, he chose Jimmy—Kermit's brother—and Leaper as the little frog's parents, and we've sort of held that as some kind of quasi-fanfic cannon ever since. Hope this helps.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
In Muppet Babies, they said Kermit's sister is Robin's mother. Not that that's necessarily cannon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't think there's really any canon in the Muppets, hehe. :wink:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Canon vs cannon

Except, of course, ol' Betsy, Gonzo's frequent form of transportation!

(I know, I know--leave comedy to the bears.)

Redsonga

Reaction score
No... Don't think it was ever mentioned on the Muppet Show who exactly were Robin's parents. However, in the fanfiction narrative entitled Robin's Story written by fellow forum member Beauregard, he chose Jimmy—Kermit's brother—and Leaper as the little frog's parents, and we've sort of held that as some kind of quasi-fanfic cannon ever since. Hope this helps.
I dunno, I don't think just because someone well known in the fanfic world writes it first that makes it it any real cannon that every writer afterward has to follow:coy:. I vote for Zschlomo :excited:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Kermit once said that if Robin didn't behave then he'd "phone your Father!", sortta suggesting that maybe that his brother was the father, ortherwise he'd more likely have said, "Mother." I believe. Although I can't quite remember where or when this occured.

Also, Redsonga, you are right of course, about the fanfiction. It doesn't necesserally automatically become cannon just because it's used here. It was nice of Ed to point it out though. :wink:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
No... Just because someone writes it first doesn't make that information cannon in the fic community. But when others pick that blurb and keep using it throughout a number of different fics, and it sort of sticks through the years, well... It sorta sticks in our minds as well. True, there could be as many hundreds/thousands of Kermit's siblings stories as there are members on MC. But how hard would it be remembering all of those connections? Frankly, it'd be the same as children of the main Fraggles. Everyone has their versions, and we try to keep them in order per the author who created them, but expect the new author to create a new lineage with each new story. Hope this helps clarify matters a bit better Becky. :smile: :confused: :eek:

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Kermit once said that if Robin didn't behave then he'd "phone your Father!", sortta suggesting that maybe that his brother was the father, ortherwise he'd more likely have said, "Mother." I believe. Although I can't quite remember where or when this occured.

That's true, but if he said "I'll phone your mother!" it wouldn't have the same impact.

In the long run, it probably doesn't matter which is which.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In the long run, it probably doesn't matter which is which.
Maybe it's both...and they were separated at birth and married unknowingly, much as those twins did last year over here in the UK...Don't know if anyone else heard about that. -- It would explain Robin's stunted growth and childhood cough if nothing else. :eek: