Speculation: The Muppets' 55th Anniversary Celebrations

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Ooops. I didn't notice.
I think it makes good business sense to have both. What HIT did killed their credibility. I can’t imagine Disney making that sort of misstep.

I would also like to see a 55th anniversary special of some sort. A Kermit roast could be fun.

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
if they reaosted kermit i think piggy might get offended and beat ervyone up to defend her frong. i can jsut see kermit going "np piggy wait piggy its awright u dont understnad" of course aftera loud "hiiiii-ya!" from miss piggya ns seh karate chops those making jokes about kermit.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It would be great if for the anniversary Disney released two-disc special editions of The Muppet Movie and The Great Muppet Caper (and mayabe the later theatrical films) with a lot of special features. It'd also be great if Disney released a collection of DVD releases of Muppet specials, either as a set or individually.

An official Muppet trivia game or book would be nice, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey, I just want an announcement that 4 and 5 are gonna happen! :smile: And of course MT...

I really want something big to acknowledge the 55th (even though everyone knows you usually only do anniversaries by 25's... I guess Sesame Street is some sort of exception) A special, a Muppetfest... at least a convention or something. If the Office can have Office conventions, I'm pretty sure some Muppetfan with a lot of money can put one together...

zns

Reaction score
All we can do is hope for the best. Let's keep our fingers crossed. :wink:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I really want something big to acknowledge the 55th (even though everyone knows you usually only do anniversaries by 25's... I guess Sesame Street is some sort of exception)
I thought anniversaries were usually celebrated in 5's and/ or 10's.

beaker

Reaction score
Hey, I just want an announcement that 4 and 5 are gonna happen! :smile: And of course MT...

I really want something big to acknowledge the 55th (even though everyone knows you usually only do anniversaries by 25's... I guess Sesame Street is some sort of exception) A special, a Muppetfest... at least a convention or something. If the Office can have Office conventions, I'm pretty sure some Muppetfan with a lot of money can put one together...
And as a massive fan of both the Office and the Muppets, I couldnt agree more(Cool seeing Office creator Ricky Gervais with Elmo. Also, the Office on 4 different occasions has referenced the Muppets)
Also, Comic Con last year had both an Office panel(with some of the stars) and a Fraggle Rock panel with Karen Prell and Red Fraggle's first appearance in over a decade.

But yeah, it's definitely high time we get another big Muppet gathering of some sort, at least on par with the late 1990's Disney Star Wars Celebration.