Sweetums...

Redsonga

Reaction score
I'm going to be writing a story with him in an important scene..my only trouble is I'm having trouble pinning down how he talks...Does anyone have any tips for me? I'm torn between the 'froggy nice' 'jack job' big and not so bright ogre side of him and then the more 'I wanta go to Hollywood' normal sentences side. Which is more him I wonder?

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Huh, interesting question. If I had to pick between the two, I'd pick the Sweetums that says two or three words at a time. Thats just me.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Sweetums is more a Muppet of action than of talk. I would suggest including a character or characters he can respond to rather than have him talk so much. I'm sure it will be good. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If youi watch Sweetums on the Muppet show sometimes he talks a lot and sometimes he dosnt say a word and it is very funny. I think he can talk but it is in shorten senteces! If that makes any sences.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Sweetums is more a Muppet of action than of talk. I would suggest including a character or characters he can respond to rather than have him talk so much. I'm sure it will be good. :smile:
The thing is that he and the person he is with have nothing much to do at that moment but talk to one another, and that it is meant to highlight how alike and different they are :smile:. So it is a talk--y moment:coy:...

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Sweetums is a character of few words, but he's not (for lack of better word) stupid.

I think there should be a mixture of the fractured sentences and the full sentences.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I agree in that he's not stupid/dull, he's just not able to comunicate some of the stuff he thinks, I think. But that might just be me.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I did not mean exactly that I saw him as stupid, just that even if he is not sometimes it seems like he is because of the way he speaks, that's all...

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
I did not mean exactly that I saw him as stupid, just that even if he is not sometimes it seems like he is because of the way he speaks, that's all...

almost it seems, that he doesnt speak english very well- like all he knows is "monster" lol I think you should keep true to this and not use complete sentances- its very much part of his character. Its also like how he understands english, in bits and pieces, and his actions follow what he understands, kinda like a child. :smile: