What is up with these DISTURBING commercials, lately?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
has anyone seen the BK ribs commercial talk about creepy characters

also even though i love the six flags mascot his mini me form is a tad creepy

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
has anyone seen the BK ribs commercial talk about creepy characters
Even worse than the regular Burger King? :concern:

also even though i love the six flags mascot his mini me form is a tad creepy
Aw, I miss that guy. :sympathy: I guess they stopped showing those commercials around here ever since the Six Flags in New Orleans shut down.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Over time, I actually grew to like the King. Sure, he's not the best mascot their is, and I still say animated version of Wendy is creepier. But I kinda dig them, and have since the Star Wars and Simpsons BK commercials.

Personally, I like the "I wonder what's for Dinner" King from the CD-i games a buzzillion times more.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the new CGI Vlasic Stork?

When I saw it I did two things, shriek in horror and avert my eyes. It's just THAT scary! :scary:
I JUST saw this today...

I wouldn't say it was scary, persay, but it certainly isn't as easy on the eyes as the original 2D Vlasic Stork... but you know what the sad truth is? 2D animation is virtually obsolete anymore; save for The Princess and the Frog, things pretty much HAVE to be CGI, because by today's standards, it's more economical for someone to put together a character on a computer, than it is to hire talented artists to design, sketch, ink, paint, animate characters by hand... but that's where all the charm of the characters come from... the hard work that goes into every little detail, from how the character should be drawn, to what colors work well for the character's palette, etc.

It's kind of like what Drtooth and others have been mentioning how today, it's more economical and commonplace nowadays to chromakey scenery for a movie and television and such, rather than have people actually build sets for the actors to act in, which is sad when you think about it.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i find Ronald McDonald creepy but i don't like clowns

this is something i said to my friend a few days back and while it doesnt really fit in this thread oh well

i fell commercials today are going for the pets.com route

where you remember and love the adds but never try the product

Convincing John

Reaction score
Oh, and just my opinion on Axe, but it stinks. The small makes me wanna gag...or worse. And I knew girls who wore that stuff like perfume and would spray it in the air and on themselves continuasly. *GAG*
You should go on the air and say that! ROFL! I'd pay good money to see a commercial like that!

I liked the commercials where the women were trying to run the Burger King over with their cars. Too bad they didn't actually do it...I'm sick of that King.

Of course, this commercial comes on in my area ALL the time. It's almost one of those "it's so bad, it's good" commercials.

Would you want to buy furniture from this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pp4q0041Ck

Convincing John

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I Love the King, i think he is great on of my top fave mascots

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wouldn't say it was scary, persay, but it certainly isn't as easy on the eyes as the original 2D Vlasic Stork... but you know what the sad truth is? 2D animation is virtually obsolete anymore; save for The Princess and the Frog, things pretty much HAVE to be CGI, because by today's standards, it's more economical for someone to put together a character on a computer, than it is to hire talented artists to design, sketch, ink, paint, animate characters by hand... but that's where all the charm of the characters come from... the hard work that goes into every little detail, from how the character should be drawn, to what colors work well for the character's palette, etc.
That stuff's cheap. Cheap CGI. Pixar or any top quality animation studio will STILL run you a small fortune just to animate a single hair on something's back. But TV quality stuff is cheap. Local home furniture places used it for years now. The cheapest, I still say, is flash. I hate how flash looks on television, except for shows like Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and The Mr. Men Show, where they manage to use the program as a way of making the animation more fluid. A lot of places just use the shortcuts.

i find Ronald McDonald creepy but i don't like clowns
As much as I hate the childhood killing "goody Goodies" that want to destroy the character, I feel Ronald is OVERrated. Now, Grimace, Hamburgaler, and all the old McDonaldland characters that they haven't used since the 80's/early 90's... I always really liked those guys. But my favorite mascots are Chester Cheetah and the M & M's.