Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue voice artists

Xerus

Reaction score
XERUS’S VOICE ARTIST FOCUS:

One Saturday morning in 1990, the 3 major networks, plus some kids’ cable channels, aired an amazing special called Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue. In this special, a boy was taking drugs thanks to a villainous drug spirit named Smoke. And the heroes who tried to make things right were famous cartoon characters like the Smurfs, the Chipmunks, Winnie the Pooh, Muppet Babies, and many more. I thought it was amazing how all these cartoon companies would join forces and try to do a special about the dangers of drugs. It’s truly one of the greatest cartoon masterpieces in animated history.

ROSS BAGDASARIAN JR: Alvin, Simon
JEFF BERGMAN: Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck
TOWNSEND COLEMAN: Michaelangelo, Dad
WAYNE COLLINS: Kid
JIM CUMMINGS: Winnie the Pooh, Tigger
JOEY DEDIO: Dealer
PAUL FUSCO: Alf(uncredited)
DANNY GOLDMAN: Brainy Smurf
GEORGI IRENE: Girl
JANICE KARMAN: Theodore
ANGELLA KAYE: Additional voices(uncredited)
AARON LOHR: Kid
JASON MARSDEN: Michael
DON MESSICK: Papa Smurf
LORENZO MUSIC: Garfield
LAURIE O’BRIEN: Piggy, Mom
LINDSEY PARKER: Corey
GEORGE C. SCOTT: Smoke
RUSSI TAYLOR: Gonzo, Huey, Dewey, Louie
FRANK WELKER: Kermit, Slimer, Poet Smurf

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Uh...dude, there's a difference to be noted:

1. The "kid" on drugs is named Micheal and the turtle that made a cameo is Michealangelo.

2. Micheal's little sister is named Corey. Why not list her voice performer?

Xerus

Reaction score
Uh...dude, there's a difference to be noted:

1. The "kid" on drugs is named Micheal and the turtle that made a cameo is Michealangelo.

2. Micheal's little sister is named Corey. Why not list her voice performer?
You're right. I hadn't really noticed the Michael, Michaelangelo difference until now.

And I did mention Corey. She was voiced by Lindsey Parker. Check the list again.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody ever see The Nostalgia Critic's review of this special? Lol

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Anybody ever see The Nostalgia Critic's review of this special? Lol
I have and he says the same that I do: How can cartoon characters from our childhood know what drugs are?

I mean, sadly, this special could do more harm than good for some, considering that Micheal is probably seeing cartoon characters come alive (from Corey's Kermit clock, to her stuffed Pooh plush, to Garfield as a lampshade, to Alf as a photo, etc.) as a result of the drugs, because as he says when he meets Hewey, Dewey, and Lewey (sp?), "Now I'm seeing ducks? Aww man, I got get off these drugs!"

Me, I just watched it for the crossover, but then again, that's 'cause--like CM Punk--I am straight-edge. However, those who could be pressured into doing drugs may look at the special and think, "Hey cool, I could see my favorite cartoons come to life if I do drugs."

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Sure have. :big_grin: I agree with you on it pooh, if he's seeing all of those cartoons, I would think he was on something.
And unfortunately, that gives off the opposite intent the special was designed for: Instead of getting off drugs, kids could be likely to do drugs just to see their cartoon favorites come to life.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"I even believe our beloved President of The United States was on drugs at the time of this special, I mean LOOK at him! He's sitting there staring at Barbara's head like it's a giant cheese burger!"

wwfpooh

Reaction score
"I even believe our beloved President of The United States was on drugs at the time of this special, I mean LOOK at him! He's sitting there staring at Barbara's head like it's a giant cheese burger!"
And to think, a few years later, his son--and the administration that he's in--has made some choices that made him look rather foolish also! Dohohohoho!