Who builds 'em?

lowercasegods

Reaction score
This has probably been addressed before, but I feel compelled to ask, so my apologies if I'm rehashing old news.

Now that The Muppets are owned by Disney, while The Henson Company is doing it's own puppet business with older un-Muppet properties, and Sesame Workshop is doing The Sesame Street characters, who exactly is building these puppets? I know The Henson Company builds their own stuff, but do they build for Disney and Sesame Workshop as well, or have those two companies had to outsource to other puppet building studios to create characters in the old Henson style?

I guess a part two to this question is how do the Muppet performers manage their time between three companies? Has their been a conflict of interests concerning their work?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
The Henson Creature Shop/New York Puppet Workshop
Service Sesame Street, and all Henson Based Puppet Productions(Puppets Up, Pajaminals,Fraggle Rock, and i belive the Emmet Otter Stage SHow)

Sesame workshop does not have its own puppet workshop.

The Classic Muppets are which are owned by Disney now, are Rebuilt and serviced by a compnay called "Puppet Heap", the owner and many of the employees are Muppet workshop Veterans.

hope that helps

lowercasegods

Reaction score
Actually, that's everything I could hope to know! Thank you for the insight!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Actually, that's everything I could hope to know! Thank you for the insight!
Well not quite! What about part 2-how the puppeteers work around 3 companies.some of the Muppet characters have alternative puppeteers for when the main puppeteers are unable to do them because of other commitments.