True or False

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
True or false? Chicken soup is a kind of vegetable?
William made this statement awhile back since it was his turn.

The thing about George Washington's wooden teeth was sort of a side issue that crept into this thread even further back ago. It was never even actually a statement officially. Snowth just threw it in as comment when he responded to a Washington related statement of some sort.:wink:

Anyway I'll answer William's statement as false, on the reasoning that chicken is an animal, not vegetable. :smile:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But what is the broth that is consider the juice of the soup?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Marty is right. His turn!

By the way:
Broth is a liquid in which bones, meat, fish, cereal grains, or vegetables have been simmered and strained out. Broth is used as a basis for other edible liquids such as soup, gravy, or sauce. It can be eaten alone or with garnish.

U.S. culinary schools often differentiate between broth, usually made from viable portions of animal meat, and stock, which may be less palatable, often made from vegetable scraps and bones.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Okay. Let me think now.

One of the Batman's infamous enemies is known as the Toyman.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Don't believe all that you read, including history books, because history is often only told from the perspective of the country in which it is being told (example: the British tell the Revolution differently than we here in the States do, because of the difference in perspectives).
Like that episode of The Andy Griffith Show where Malcom Merriweather returns to Mayberry looking for a job, and at one point he and Barney get into a discussion about the Battle of Bunker Hill, lol.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Like that episode of The Andy Griffith Show where Malcom Merriweather returns to Mayberry looking for a job, and at one point he and Barney get into a discussion about the Battle of Bunker Hill, lol.
Exactly like that.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
I'd say false, although Batman & Robin did face down a character named Toymaker in Superfriends.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Sargey and pooh are both right but Sargey was first so it'll be her turn next. :smile:

There is a villian called the Toyman but he's not Batman's enemy. He's Superman's enemy.
Though as my brother once pointed out unless he can somehow get hold of some kryptonite to weaken Superman's powers, for all his deadly criminal toy devices the Toyman is really quite a pathetically helpless character. He really would be better off as a member of the Batman's Rogues Gallery. :wink: