Muppets to appear in Disney Channel TV special

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yahoo's TV listings had Studio DC listed at the 8-8:30 slot up until this morning. Maybe they're going with the flow of other sources, maybe Disney is sloppy about confirming new programming and they're simply listing what usually goes in that slot, or maybe it has been postponed? Whether or not it’s showing at the preordained time is less relevant than the fact that Disney is upsetting its viewers. I don’t get it. I still think it’ll be on.

Yoda Man

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's been postponed. Every source that said this would be on has now removed it from it's schedule. Perhaps Disney is giving themselves more time to promote this first and will air it around August.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Muppets aren't cursed. The company just doesn't know how to handle anything that isn't a tween pop 12 year old pimplefest.

Which is what worries me. I could see them canning something with the Muppets, sure. But something that utilizes the same prepubescent mooks that they plaster all over the network? That's pretty disappointing. That they go out of their way to say "No! It's not time yet."

I think Disney made pretty good strides with the muppets lately. But to let it all go down the drain like this, because they're STILL too anxious about it?
I know I was half being sarcastic with that, but it feels like one of those things like Jim Hensons up in Heaven not allow his characters to be messed with lol.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
Ugggh! :rolleyes: lol... somthing I SHOULD have posted before...the number for someone to call Disney Channel/ABC and find out! number: 1800-874-1687

dwmckim

Reaction score
I also plan to have my dvr set just in case but i don't expect anything. Besides not being in any current online listings, but i've been keeping my eye on Disney Channel the last few weeks just in case any promos or special Muppet commercials came up, but NOTHING has been promoted on air at all. I find that especially telling. No promos, no announcements, not even a resurgence (that i've caught) of any of the Muppet clips saying "I'm ___ and you're watching The Disney Channel"

...and btw, for what it's worth, i'm reserving judgement about the whole situation until more info comes forward as to why this got postponed. I don't want to jump on the "evil-Disney" or "Disney hates/doesn't know what to do with the Muppets" bandwagons. I mean, heck, they MADE the special and they (even though there were no commercials on the channel), they did release publicity about the special when they obviously planned on airing it.

Keep in mind, this is not just a "Muppet special", this is a big Disney Channel love-fest that features its hottest stars. Fans of these various stars/shows who heard about it and are also scratching their heads along with us are also disappointed. This WILL surface sooner or later, the question is when (will it air instead) and why (was it postponed)?

Dare we even hope it could even be for a _good_ reason such as they want to do an even bigger publicity push or want to have the Muppets tape some more stuff for the channel to coincide with it, or that they may be working on having it push off something bigger in the works?

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
When they did that whole Thats So Suite Life of Hannah Montanna special, it was just listed as Zack and Cody on the guide, since the episode took place in the Zack and COdy universe. Raven and hannah montanna were just visitors to the hotel.
yeeeep! thats ture! :smile: thats how it also showed up on our dig cable :wisdom:

Luke

Reaction score
Whether or not it’s showing at the preordained time is less relevant than the fact that Disney is upsetting its viewers. I don’t get it. I still think it’ll be on.
If it was originally in listings as Studio DC and now its not, it won't just be bumpers wrapping around the shows, it will be a full special. It sounds very much like postponed to me, especially with the lack of promotion.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Theory 1: Program needs editing
-I hope this is not it. They could be editing it into oblivion

Theory 2: Forgot to advertise
-Possibly...still unlikly

Theory 3: Disney wants to show new episodes of shows instead of a special
-Probably

Theory 4: Disney is not going to show it
-Did I read somewhere it was filmed a year ago? Why would they wait so long to show it? If they had any intention on showing it, it would have been shown a while ago.

Theory 5: Jim Henson knows this is going to be a disaster and making sure it doesnt air
-Hey, it could happen :stick_out_tongue:

I do too much thinking

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
like i said... :smile: heres the number for someone to call Disney Channel/ABC and find out! number: 1800-874-1687

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I wouldnt be supprised if no one does it, despite everyone complaining.

And that previous post was meant to be a rather sarcastic joke, but its not very Joke-like now that I have re-read it

Status
Not open for further replies.