Muppet Parade Balloons - Pepe?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
What the hey?

http://www.fabulousinflatables.com/licensed-characters.html

:halo: This site offers a variety of character parade balloons including Muppets. This site features Kermit (ok, but not the Macy's parade one), Miss Piggy (not flattering one I've never seen before), Animal (a beautiful balloon) and Pepe (odd, passable but interesting character selection). :rolleyes:

:super: They also offer Bear in the Big Blue House, disembodied Ernie & Bert heads (odd but handsome), band leader Big Bird (classic looking), Cookie Monster, Elmo with Goldfish Dorothy (attractive), Super Grover (not quite the Macy's version) and Oscar the Grouch (not bad).

What in the world are these things? Has anyone heard of them?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess they just rent them out to special occassions or something.

Outside of the Muppets they have a cool Popeye, Pink Panther, Dennis the Menace, and 5 different Smurfs (Generic Smurf, Papa, Baby, Smurfette, and a Smurf in a Superhero cape- wish Schliech had a PVC figurine of that).

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Anyone else find the floating Ernie and Bert heads a little creepy? The other ones aren't too bad.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
theres something just...odd...about the miss piggy one, I dont know what it is...

Drtooth

Reaction score
theres something just...odd...about the miss piggy one, I dont know what it is...

Uh... maybe cuz somehow it's almost impossible to make a good Piggy likeness?

:mad: - The Licensees just don't do Moi any justice.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't buy into the fact that a Miss Piggy likeness is all that difficult in any form. Hair is difficult, but the rest should be cake! Mmmm...cake. But I digest. He he.

It really comes down to the Pig's central feature = it's a nose issue. The nose is too long and strangely shaped. One thing I have noticed with Muppet likenesses is that some artists go toward complicated designs rather than keeping solutions simple. The simpler you keep a Muppet design likeness the better it comes off. Overaccentuating features on Muppet characters doesn't work.

On another note - however imperfect, the Animal balloon really impresses me.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Do you think I'd need planning permission to install one of these above my house? Maybe Animal...or one of those creepy decapitated Sesame guys...

muppetperson

Reaction score
Looks like it is the head/body ratio.Also her body looks Astro boy style(robotic no knees, legs all cylinder shape.)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hmm...to be honest I didn't take issue with any of the designs. Obviously, as baloons, they are going to be adjusted slightly and puffier than usual (except in Piggy's case maybe, little joke there...). I'd buy any of them any day if I could :stick_out_tongue: