That voice...

Lamango

Reaction score
:insatiable: When ever Kermit is gonna intro someone, he sometimes calls out to someone behind the curtains, and it's clearly Frank Oz... But...Is it me... Or is that voice Cookie Monster? Usually, he says 'We're not ready.... Ok, we're ready!' Or 'Not yet frog...' So... Is it Cookie Monster who'se behind the curtains? :insatiable:

Barry Lee

Reaction score
nope just a random voice behind the curtains.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When ever Kermit is gonna intro someone, he sometimes calls out to someone behind the curtains, and it's clearly Frank Oz... But...Is it me... Or is that voice Cookie Monster? Usually, he says 'We're not ready.... Ok, we're ready!' Or 'Not yet frog...' So... Is it Cookie Monster who'se behind the curtains?
Lol, I know what you mean, I always think, "Wait, what's Cookie doing back there?" Lol :insatiable:

I guess it's a random funny voice Frank chose to use at that moment, though it is funny to think Cookie might have had a night job!

Quesal

Reaction score
Yeah It was just a random Muppet voice, but I will admit when I first heard it as a kid, I thought it was Cookie Monster. Now I hear it again on TMS Season 3 and can tell that it's Frank Oz, but not exactly Cookie.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Little known secret: In order to make money to feed his cookie addiction, Cookie Monster took on a part time job at the Muppet Show.

... I'm kidding, of course.

Lamango

Reaction score
Lol.... I wouldn't put it past the muppets to think that up..

CBPuppets

Reaction score
It was on the Raquel Welch episode. there are a few characters that sound similar to one another.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
This was discussed somewhat off-topic in another thread, as well. Someone asked how many times the voice was heard. For the third season, the voice behind the curtain is used five times:

Episode 301

Kermit: Is he ready back there?
Voice: Uh, no, no.
Gonzo: I'm ready!
Voice: Oh, yeah, yeah, yeah.

Episode 310

Kermit: Is the set changed yet?
Voice: Yeah, it's okay, Frog.

Episode 311

Kermit: Is she- Is she ready back there?
Voice: Who?
Kermit: Raquel!
Voice: Oh, yeah, yeah.

Episode 313

Kermit: Uh, are you ready back there?
Voice: No, we're not ready.
Kermit: Oh, well, I'll just tell you something about Helen Reddy-
Voice: I said we weren't ready.
Kermit: I wasn't talking to you!
Voice: ... Okay, we're ready.

Episode 324

Kermit: Are we ready back there?