Liking the Muppets "geeky"?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I found a discussion like this on another forum with a different show, I think this might be interesting to talk about.

Me, personally, I think it could be considered "geeky". Considering the Muppets have been out of the mainstream for so long and I'm already a self-proclaimed geek as is, I consider the Muppets a geeky/cult thing to me. What do you think?

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
It depends. Most people I know have very fond meomories of the Muppets or outright love them. Then again, most of my friends are sequential artists, which automatically raises the geek factor.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well I'm a huge Muppet fan and I've always admitted to be a geek. Geeks are cool, :smile: :wink: :insatiable:

MrsPepper

Reaction score
It's geeky to spew random facts about them like I do. However, the majority of people I know tend to say things like "Hey, the Muppets; they're sweet, I used to watch them all the time!" and as long as I bring things up in context (like a Frank Oz movie comes on TV or somethign and I mention stuff about him) people seem to be impressed, rather than angrily shout "GEEK!" at me!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I've said it before. Anything outside of sports is considered Geeky. And if wearing cheeses on your head, caring about petty rivalries, and tourching half of downtown because a team won is normal, I want no part of that.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's geeky to spew random facts about them like I do. However, the majority of people I know tend to say things like "Hey, the Muppets; they're sweet, I used to watch them all the time!" and as long as I bring things up in context (like a Frank Oz movie comes on TV or somethign and I mention stuff about him) people seem to be impressed, rather than angrily shout "GEEK!" at me!
I've done that many times, there was one time at work this lady I use to work with said she like the movie Stepford wifes and I mentioned it was directed by Frank Oz, than I mention the Muppets he performed and I was told I need to get a life, :smile: :sympathy:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Some people respect geeks and yet, some loathe them. But no matter what, we geeks are part of the fabric of life, whether "normal" people want to admit it or not!

My signature--full of shows I've either loved as a child or have respected recently as a comic/cartoon conessiour [sp?]--proves I am a geek, but I am openly proud of it!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's geeky to spew random facts about them like I do.
Hey! I do that! :big_grin:

I admit to being a geek. I think the majority of hardcore Muppet fans would, at least to some degree. Though, I don't think the Muppets themselves are geeky. I mean, Gonzo's a geek. Scooter's a geek. Bunsen and Beaker are geeks. But the Electric Mayhem? They're freaks, man. :wink:

I don't think the Muppets are geeky, and I don't think liking the Muppets necessarily classifies one as a geek. Maybe if you get way too into the Muppets like I am, where you can almost quote The Great Muppet Caper from beginning to end, maybe then it's geeky.

:eek: Hope I didn't insult anyone.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Freaks or geeks, The Muppets rock, and if being a hardcore fan of them makes one a geek, then I am again proud to be a geek!