Few Muppet Questions

Count von Count

Reaction score
Why has Scooter not been seen after Richard Hunt died in 1992. Scooter was not really seen since Muppets From Space, in which he had a small cameo. Do you think he will return as a major character in the new Muppet Movie. What do you think is the best Muppet sketch on The Muppet Show? And was Clifford Jim Henson's last creation? :confused:

muppetfan89

Reaction score
Why has Scooter not been seen after Richard Hunt died in 1992.
Because Richard Hunt died and they couldn't find a replacement for him.

Scooter was not really seen since Muppets From Space, in which he had a small cameo. Do you think he will return as a major character in the new Muppet Movie.
I think/hope he will.

What do you think is the best Muppet sketch on The Muppet Show?
I think the best sketch is In the Navy with the Viking Pigs. It has a good song and it's one of my favorites.

And was Clifford Jim Henson's last creation? :confused:
Not sure. I doubt it.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
On Scooter:

To my knowledge, the reason Scooter hasn't been used is because they can not find a suitable preformer for him. However, MFS was not his last appearance. He had a brief moment or 2 in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie in 2002, and he had a very substantial appearance in the Muppets Wizard of Oz. I'm not sure who preformed him in VMC, but in MWoO it was Ricky Boyd. Personally, I hope they do use Scooter in the new movie, and I hope it's Ricky doing the preforming!
:wink:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Both Scooter and Janice were performed by Brain Henson in "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie"

JJandJanice

Reaction score
He performed Scooter in Muppets Wizard of Oz (which for me was the only really great thing about the movie, hehe.) He was amazing, very authentic!
I thought Ricky did a great Scooter too.

ploobis

Reaction score
was Clifford Jim Henson's last creation? :confused:[/quote]

According to Muppet Wiki Clifford was designed by Kirk Thatcher and built by Tim Miller.

ploobis

Reaction score
was Clifford Jim Henson's last creation? :confused:

According to Muppet Wiki Clifford was designed by Kirk Thatcher and built by Tim Miller.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recall reading in an unnofficial fan site long ago that Clifford was Jim Henson's last creation, but I would be surprised if he was the last character Jim Henson created. I don't know if Jim Henson still created characters by 1989, and I doubt that Clifford was the last Jim Henson Horu character to be built. He was in the first episode. I would expect that honor to go to more minor characters like the garbage, Chip, Anthony, Fern, the Solid Foam Drummer, or somebody else.