The Muppets Take Manhattan behind the scenes

muppetfan89

Reaction score
was there behind the scenes footage or documentary about this film. I ask this, becuase I was looking some Jim Henson tributes on you tube and some of them had footage of the film being shot. You can see the scene where Kermit is running to Jenny after having his script thrown away, and the Muppet Melodies play being filmed.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know there are a few things on the DVD about it. There are like some bits where Jim is discussing the film and talking about it it that's what you mean.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Have you noticed...

I am sure most of you noticed this, but in MTM, the scene where Rowlf is in the puppy place, behind him in one shot when the two dogs are talking about Snookums, on their cages one has a tag with the name Frank and the other has a tag named Jim on it. Just thought that was cute.:smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder where the interview footage originated. It's not in Henson's Place, where I would have expected it to be. I also notieced that The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson has quite a few behind-the-scenes clips included. One that I found odd was footage of the cast on stage singing Right Where I Be,long, yet they all seem to be dressed the way they normally dressed (at least in the movie), as opposed to wearing their tuxedos which they did in the movie (maybe that was rehearsal footage).

I wonder if Jim Henson had behind-the-scenes footage filmed regardless of whether there were any initial plans to actually show it to an audience.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Perhaps the behind-the-scenes stuff was included in a montage or video of some sort for the wrap party. I think several shows and movies put together videos like that intended just for the people who worked on the project.

Count von Count

Reaction score
"was there behind the scenes footage or documentary about this film."-muppetfan89 I think it was for a tv special. maybe.

muppetfan89

Reaction score
"was there behind the scenes footage or documentary about this film."-muppetfan89 I think it was for a tv special. maybe.
something just occured to me, could this footage be from the Jim Henson Hour episode, "Secrets of the Muppets"? If so, where could I see this episode?

Count von Count

Reaction score
youtube, maybe. There maybe something on it in a book, Jim Henson The Works.?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Secrets of the Muppets doesn't have any behind-the-scenes footage from The Muppets Take Manhattan, though some clips from the movie are in the opening clip montage montage. The special has a section on the making of the bicycle scenes from the first two movies, but no behind-the-scenes footage, just voice-over explanations from Jim Henson on how the scenes were done.

I won der if any behind-the-scenes footage from TMM or GMC exist, or were even shot.