Muppet Musicians Of Bremen On Dvd!

MrsPepper

Reaction score
That sounds pretty shifty. I think this is bootleg, and here's what tipped me off:

1. Look at the logo, it looks like it is actually from the 70's. Disney owns this special, and if it were put out by them, I'm sure their name would have been plastered all over it.

2. Also, if it were legit, we would have heard a press release about it from another source like The Muppet News Flash, UltimateDisney.com, or perhaps TvShowsonDvd.com.

3. The description says that it plays worldwide. That means it is a region-free DVD. This alone is enough for me to believe it isn't legitimate. Disney doesn't put out region-free dvd's; someone is making these and selling them themselves.

So I guess if you are dying for the special, you might as well buy it, BUT know that there's no guarantee for quality, and that your money is going to a bootlegger. :/

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
It is a bootleg. I've seen the same company release rare specials before. No idea of the quality tho but my guess is that it will be burned from a video tape.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
With Disney owning Kermit and the likelyhood of Henson owning this particular property (probably like Emmet Otter) I don't feel too badly about someone burning a reasonably priced version. It is still wrong. :shifty:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
With Disney owning Kermit and the likelyhood of Henson owning this particular property (probably like Emmet Otter) I don't feel too badly about someone burning a reasonably priced version. It is still wrong. :shifty:
Actually Disney do own the rights to this production. The henson site list it as being a muppet production.

www.henson.com said:
Kermit the Frog is our host and narrator for this reworking of an old German folk tale set in the Bayou country of Louisiana. Leroy the donkey, T.R. the rooster, Rover Joe the hound dog, and Catgut the pussycat form a traveling band and roam the countryside looking for food and a family to love.

In February of 2004, The Jim Henson Company transferred the rights and ownership of "The Muppets," and "Bear in the Big Blue House" characters to The Walt Disney Company. You can visit the official Muppets website at www.muppets.com.
But they haven't released it on DVD yet, I'm sure Disney would make it well known if they should decide to put it out on DVD. So any DVD sold with it on is either a TV-recording or a copy from a VHS release, and therefor it would propperly be in a poor quality.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
this company also produces The Frog Prince, I think they are bootleg, but I've purchased these type of dvd before until they were released.

L
x

David French

Reaction score
That sounds pretty shifty. I think this is bootleg, and here's what tipped me off:

1. Look at the logo, it looks like it is actually from the 70's. Disney owns this special, and if it were put out by them, I'm sure their name would have been plastered all over it.

2. Also, if it were legit, we would have heard a press release about it from another source like The Muppet News Flash, UltimateDisney.com, or perhaps TvShowsonDvd.com.

3. The description says that it plays worldwide. That means it is a region-free DVD. This alone is enough for me to believe it isn't legitimate. Disney doesn't put out region-free dvd's; someone is making these and selling them themselves.

So I guess if you are dying for the special, you might as well buy it, BUT know that there's no guarantee for quality, and that your money is going to a bootlegger. :/
The cover is (probably) the clincher - they've simply re-used the cover of (I think) the very first VHS release of this story.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
when I've purchased DVD's like these, they tend to be copies of VHS tapes, the quality is usually watchable a bit like Youtube.

As I said, if you want to see them go ahead and buy them, I did. Although there are some people who trade back up copies on here in the trade area. However, when they are officially released you should buy them.

Leanne