Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Did Fox say that the evil liberal muppets are trying to brainwash our kids into wanting affordable healthcare? Seems like something they'd say.
Not sure about them but Rush Limbaugh brought up the movie and was complaining about the whole oil under the muppet threator thing and how it's some secret agenda, I say hey if J.P. wants to sell it for oil the frog and the weirdos better move it out:attitude: lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
Not sure about them but Rush Limbaugh brought up the movie and was complaining about the whole oil under the muppet threator thing and how it's some secret agenda, I say hey if J.P. wants to sell it for oil the frog and the weirdos better move it out:attitude: lol
Haha! I'm with you! We need oil...bring down the price of food!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Say, wah?

Yeah,that bad ol' old Fox News, whose most popular commentator, Bill O'Reilly, called Kermit a patriot a few weeks back. Yes, that definitely calls for an investigation into Fox's news credentials. :wink: Oh, and Bill said that Kermit's always been one of his favorites. Fire the man!

You know, it does grow tiresome to read stuff like this: Fox "News", Fox is controlled by the White House, and other silliness. Where does it come from, I wonder? Are you parroting what your teachers tell you, what some movie star tells you? Do you have any evidence of what you say? Or is it just a cool 'tude? :confused:

I watch Headline News and Fox, used to watch MSNBC until its low quality and bias seemed just a bit too obvious, and I read newspapers. I like to think I'm reasonably well-informed, and I also like to think I've been around long enough to recognize journalistic tricks meant to influence readership rather than informing it. I have yet to see anything questionable about Fox News. Maybe that's why it is by far the most popular cable news channel on the face of the planet. I'm not trying to start a flame war, but really, as I said, this knee-jerk bash-Fox-News attitude does get tiresome...
Off-topic rebuttal below:
_____________________________________​
Really? Every news channel has its bias, but Fox is the most obvious and unapologetic. White House talking points are notoriously identical to those on Fox News even before they catch on. It doesn't take much effort to look it up as it has become a running joke. Fox definitely tries to shape their discussions (revealed in countless memos and directives that have come to light over the years), but I still watch the channel.

CNN’s ratings are in the dump because (cure for insomnia) Wolf Blitzer is given half the day. I like to keep informed in all areas so I watch all the news channels. I particularly like Fox News and actually watch it the most because I see them as cross between the Sci-Fi Channel and Comedy Central (too bad they and others actually believe all that stuff). Their Obama coverage is epic - Fox has likened him to a terrorist (the infamous “fist jab” segment: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FZdt_oCZInc ), claimed he wasn't white enough for US voters, referred to Mrs. Obama as his "baby mama" in order to ghettoizie him and even joked about assassination (yes, joked). Look up the direct clips from YouTube for yourself. Whether you like the candidate or not, it's disgraceful. Even more so than CBS' half-baked story on Bush's military record. Once slanted rhetoric is out there it easily solidifies in the minds of the public regardless of a future clarification or retraction.

The implication that a Fox News detractor is not informed is rather presumptuous. There are those that don't believe Fox because it has become popular practice in some circles, but there are also many independently informed people who don't believe Fox News' sludgy reporting. This is off topic, so you might think of relocating this discussion, but your post required a level-headed rebuttal from a perpetual all-cable news viewer. Fox News is up in ratings for the same reason the masses respond to tabloid television or professional wrestling. Viewership numbers do not reflect accuracy or journalistic ethics.
_____________________________________​

Back to the reason why extreme conservatives have been mentioned - the oil drilling plot. It's not that original, but it doesn't have to be and it has been a clichéd plot device long before modern environmental concerns. However, I can't help but think that is part of the reasoning behind the inclusion and to me, a longtime Muppet fan, that's okay. Jim Henson was very environmentally conscious and created many PSAs that featured Kermit the Frog. Here's one I found just clicking. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The idea that what you see as bad behavior from one news source justifies bad behavior from another is actually one of Bill O'Reilly personal pet peeves (yeah, I watch that silly man too). It is one thing to overly praise a candidate (Fox has done its share with W) and another to subtlety frame them as some sort of America-hating ghetto terrorist with absolutely no evidence for such ludicrous notions. It has been racist and makes Dan Rather’s remarkably shoddy reporting pale in comparison. Most all news has become info-tainment masquerading as human interest segments. It’s hard to tell where that stops and the news begins on most news these days. I miss Tim Russert. He was one of the last good newsmen that grilled everyone equally. Any further statement on my part would be redundant. Again, this is a thread about the Muppet film – not Faux News, Mixed-UpNBC, Headline Snooze or Zzzzz-NN.

Back to the Muppets…

Redsonga

Reaction score
I like the idea of a new Muppet movie..Don't you like the idea? *Redsonga's kitty nods off screen* Yes, yes, a good idea and I hope a good story to :smile:.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The idea that what you see as bad behavior from one news source justifies bad behavior from another is actually one of Bill O'Reilly personal pet peeves (yeah, I watch that silly man too). It is one thing to overly praise a candidate (Fox has done its share with W) and another to subtlety frame them as some sort of America-hating ghetto terrorist with absolutely no evidence for such ludicrous notions. It has been racist and makes Dan Rather’s remarkably shoddy reporting pale in comparison. Most all news has become info-tainment masquerading as human interest segments. It’s hard to tell where that stops and the news begins on most news these days. I miss Tim Russert. He was one of the last good newsmen that grilled everyone equally. Any further statement on my part would be redundant. Again, this is a thread about the Muppet film – not Faux News, Mixed-UpNBC, Headline Snooze or Zzzzz-NN.
Couldn't have been said better. Fox News is NOT controlled by the White House, but rather owned and controlled by a far right conservative. He hires people he wants to get his point across. it's his money, right? Personally, I think all forms of broadcast news and print journalism has been in steady decline due to ratings grabs. not JUST Fox, but all of them.

Personally, what I hate is that people also get their opinions from left or right wing talking heads, and not coming to their own conclusions and thinking for themsleves. Just tell me the issues, can the opinions, and let me make my own decisions. These are people who get paid to give a certain view... and if you want to go deeper into it, either side is paid by someone. I will listen to a talking head IF they can argue their point elliquantly, thoughtfully, and backed up with actual facts. Personally, I want to see more people like Ben Stein and less people like Rush Limbaugh. I like Ben. And not just because he was the guy who said "Buller...Buller..."

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think we are really getting off the topic here. I think we should talk more about the Muppets and the new movie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think we are really getting off the topic here. I think we should talk more about the Muppets and the new movie.
I agree. It was my intention to get it back on track. Does Jason Segel have some sort of blog like Fraggle film director Corey Edwards does? Man, that guy is so "Ken-ning" it with the fans. It's pretty cool. Segel does make a lot of press statments. It's nice that we aren't kept so much in the dark these days. There was a time when we'd here some vague reference to a project, something about the frog-pig relationship and then nothing until the promos. :sympathy:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree. It was my intention to get it back on track. Does Jason Segel have some sort of blog like Fraggle film director Corey Edwards does?

I saw he had a Video log on Youtube a while back. I remember seeing one where he was talking about the Dracula puppet. I don't know if it was just a Sarah Marshall Promotional tool or not, but it would be great if he used it at some point to talk about the film.

Status
Not open for further replies.