Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
and I am kind of uppity - I mean i've lived in NYC and Hollywood all my life. We're kind of jaded from seeing a lot but, I know how to knee slap and play a banjo like Henson - I can be just as warm and down to earth as you've ever seen.:boo:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Hey Guys I don't want to bring anyone down or turn peoples thinking about this movie, but I thought of something and want to ask you all about it. What if they where not going to use the creative team that really help bring the Muppets to life? I'm saying what if they are bringing in mostly outsiders to the movie, and tell the Muppeters, writers and the creative team We don't need you on this movie!
I mean don't get me wrong the idea for the movie does sound good, but how is it going to be when Kermit is really not acting like what we people think he should. I mean some fans are already having problems with Kermit being to "hyper" now, whats going to happen if they totaly mess up his personality? I'm just saying what if?

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Segal being such an avid Muppet fan would not want to diminish the original qualities of the muppets (as he's stated) so I would not worry... Also, Disney has a great deal of input into this - I mean ultimately they are not only making the movie but, they hold the muppets in their portfolio and aren't looking to ruin their longstanding salability.

You know, I just reviewed Muppets in Space as they are showing it on the premium channels and they didn't even sound right What the bejesus?...

I honestly think the muppets are in good hands finally...

I have some interesting NEW muppet news involving a certain Piggy we know but, I promised not to blog about it until it comes to fruition which is soon. Trust me, i'll have exclusive access..

theprawncracker

Reaction score
uppitymuppity said:
I have some interesting NEW muppet news involving a certain Piggy we know but, I promised not to blog about it until it comes to fruition which is soon. Trust me, i'll have exclusive access..
*blink* Well you certainly have this Prawn extremely interested! Looking forward to hearing about this news!

And Dwayne, I highly doubt that they'd remove the creative team of people who have worked with the Muppets for most of their lives. It would cost too much and take too much time to replace all of them if they want to make the movie in a timely fashion. And besides? Who could they find that would be better than our Muppeteers, eh?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well I'm not saying that they are, but I would hope that they would be using the writers and Muppeters to help them develop the Muppets Caricture

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Well I'm not saying that they are, but I would hope that they would be using the writers and Muppeters to help them develop the Muppets Caricture
Oh I'm sure they will be. I'm imagine that maybe they'll bring in the writers of the recent stuff as creative consultants to review the script since most of them worked with Jim himself or have been with the company long enough to know the characters and rhythm of the Muppets.

And I really don't think it's even plausible (not trying to be mean Dwayne, just making a point) to think that they'll get new Muppeteers. Dave and Steve have been with the Muppets for more than thirty years, it just doesn't seem possible to hire new performers now.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Oh I'm sure they will be. I'm imagine that maybe they'll bring in the writers of the recent stuff as creative consultants to review the script since most of them worked with Jim himself or have been with the company long enough to know the characters and rhythm of the Muppets.

And I really don't think it's even plausible (not trying to be mean Dwayne, just making a point) to think that they'll get new Muppeteers. Dave and Steve have been with the Muppets for more than thirty years, it just doesn't seem possible to hire new performers now.
Well I have no dought in my mind that they would not get rid of the muppeterrs. All I'm saying is don't be suprised if this is going to be diffrent. I'm not saying I know anything or have looked at the script. I'm just saying be carfull.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Disney is on the up and up as of late. If this comes to a head you can trust that they will deliver. Disney is looking to keep this thing going - NOT - tear it apart!

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I'm pleased to see that many fans here have posted concern which I think is very healthy, but I'm also excited to see that in the same breath, the reaction is very positive, so I'm excited.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well if I'm wrong then great, but if I'm right then well i tried to warn ya

Status
Not open for further replies.