Is Frank Oz Back?

wes

Reaction score
I was just watching the clips of The muppets "Are you dating" Video on muppets.com, I noticed that Fozzie and Piggy were done buy Franks voice.

My Question is: Are these clips old or has Frank lent his talents to the muppet again.

anybody know?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I was just watching the clips of The muppets "Are you dating" Video on muppets.com, I noticed that Fozzie and Piggy were done buy Franks voice.

My Question is: Are these clips old or has Frank lent his talents to the muppet again.

anybody know?
Short answer: These clips are old.

Long answer:
The clip that you are speaking of is filed under "The Muppet Show - Season 2" and listed as a "DVD bonus" clip on Muppets.com. The clip is in fact an excerpt from "The Muppet Show - Season 2" DVD box set -- it is specifically taken from a 13-minute bonus feature entitled "The Muppets on Muppets".

The interview segments were produced in the late 1990s for the Odyssey Channel, however they were never aired and were not seen by the public until their release on the season 2 DVD in 2007. Frank Oz is performing Fozzie and Piggy in the clips, but they were film 8-9 years ago, back when he was still the primary performer.

So those DVD preview clips (including clips from several season 2 episodes, plus the Weezer music video and "The Muppets on Muppets" bonus features) are all old clip that were produced prior to the launch of the new Muppets.com...However the other videos on the Muppets' DxD site are all brand-new and created just for site.

So to answer your question, Frank is not working with the Muppets now - Eric Jacobson is the principle performer of Piggy and Fozzie. Frank's last known work with the classic "Muppet Show" characters was on The Today Show in 2002.

MWoO

Reaction score
As a side note, Eric is also the main performer for Animal and (if Muppets Wizard of Oz is any indication) Sam Eagle making him the only new performer that I know of to totally replace an original performers characters as far as Muppet Show muppets go. It would be even MORE awesome if Eric did Cookie Monster, but sadly he's one character short a total muppet replacement.

anytimepally

Reaction score
It would be even MORE awesome if Eric did Cookie Monster, but sadly he's one character short a total muppet replacement.
no it wouldn't.. David Rudman is perfect :insatiable:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Can't we please not start with the Frank Oz ordeal of him returning?

Let's just leave it alone.

MWoO

Reaction score
Can't we please not start with the Frank Oz ordeal of him returning?

Let's just leave it alone.
Considering it was new material that I'm sure many people did not know was taped 9 years ago it's a valid question.

no it wouldn't.. David Rudman is perfect :insatiable:
Yes he is good, but the idea that Eric could take on ALL of Franks characters is just so cool to me. Same with the guy who originally replace Mel Blanc. He was able to do ALL the characters Mel did. When that guy was fired it was a let down to me because i loved the idea of there being that one guy and the torch being passed from performer to performer. Maybe I'm OCD like that.

wes

Reaction score
Well thanks guy, I was a little Excited! I guess I was hope for Frank to come back I'm a big Frank Fan!

David Rudman does a very good job of supplying the voices, it must be hard to due another person characters.

But I do like Franks voice the best, but he went on for the "BBD"
"BIGGER BETTER DEAL":stick_out_tongue: Moives, Directing, ect...

thanks for setting me straight!:big_grin: