Help Me remember which episode had my favorite skit w/Sam the Eagle

tutter_fan

Reaction score
Yep! I have Season one on DVD, and "Comedy Tonight" is the first skit on the Joel Grey episode!

hwashu

Reaction score
Not Season 1 Episode 3 with Joel

Unfortunately, I just saw this episode and it was not it. I clearly remember the muppets started singing around on stage and the slowly get blown up, more and more get blown up quicker, to the point where they all notice it and they start running away. Hence, back to the drawing board.

The song seems to be right.

Out of curiosity, would Disney censor any of the sketch?

David French

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I just saw this episode and it was not it. I clearly remember the muppets started singing around on stage and the slowly get blown up, more and more get blown up quicker, to the point where they all notice it and they start running away. Hence, back to the drawing board.
Well whatever it was, I think it's safe to say it wasn't from The Muppet Show.

Out of curiosity, would Disney censor any of the sketch?
Nope.

hwashu

Reaction score
The sketch does exist and it is from the Muppet Show, though I do not think it is in the first two seasons. I do remember trying to get this questions years ago and the people before found it, though not in the first two seasons.

David French

Reaction score
The sketch does exist and it is from the Muppet Show, though I do not think it is in the first two seasons. I do remember trying to get this questions years ago and the people before found it, though not in the first two seasons.
As I have stated previously, this does not sound like any Muppet Show sketch that I know of. I've seen all 120 episodes of TMS and I am confident that what you are describing never happened. You are either confusing TMS with another show or more likely have amalgamated two sketches into one.

Can you remember the year or decade you saw this "sketch"?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
All I can think is could it really have been "Why Can't We Be Friends?" from Season 4's John Denver episode?

It does sound like the closest thing to what you're trying to describe after "Comedy Tonight" and perhaps your memory of the sketch is a little bit hazy.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Can't think of any scenes that would match your description, but of the ones not already mentioned (Why Cant We Be Friends sounds close), here's some other possibilities that kinda sorta are close that you may be remembering a bit fuzzily...

The opening number from Nancy Walker episode where Crazy Harry is among a group of military men practicing with a cannon that keeps missing its target (though this is already on the season 2 dvds)

I'm Just Wild About Harry - duet with Jean Stapleton with Crazy Harry playing the explodophone (blows up set not Muppets, though comes close to getting Jean a couple times)