Help Me remember which episode had my favorite skit w/Sam the Eagle

hwashu

Reaction score
Please help me find my favorite Muppet Show episode.

Okay, I admit I am going senile, because I cannot for-the-life-of-me remember which episode had my favorite skit from the Muppet Show.

Skit: Sam the Eagle :attitude: is singing some song (Title?) and lots of muppets are singing with him. Slowly, at certain beats of the drum, a muppet would blow up! At first, the other muppets do not notice and keep singing, but as more and more of them start blowing up, they freak out and start running about. Sam is still singing, if I remember correctly - which is unlikely, throughout all the mayhem.

I think the guest was female. Though I am not completely sure. Remember: early onset senility -> me

Why is this my favorite? I do not know, maybe because it is so random. Maybe I liked how freaked out they all became, while Sam is holding the line.

This is one of the few memories of my childhood where I laughed so hard for several minutes that my stomach ached.

David French

Reaction score
Please help me find my favorite Muppet Show episode.

Okay, I admit I am going senile, because I cannot for-the-life-of-me remember which episode had my favorite skit from the Muppet Show.

Skit: Sam the Eagle :attitude: is singing some song (Title?) and lots of muppets are singing with him. Slowly, at certain beats of the drum, a muppet would blow up! At first, the other muppets do not notice and keep singing, but as more and more of them start blowing up, they freak out and start running about. Sam is still singing, if I remember correctly - which is unlikely, throughout all the mayhem.

I think the guest was female. Though I am not completely sure. Remember: early onset senility -> me

Why is this my favorite? I do not know, maybe because it is so random. Maybe I liked how freaked out they all became, while Sam is holding the line.

This is one of the few memories of my childhood where I laughed so hard for several minutes that my stomach ached.
I think your memory is playing tricks on you here as I don't recall any such scene from TMS at all. Sam was not known for his singing, and in fact apart from the Opening Theme I can't recall him singing at all.

hwashu

Reaction score
I can agree with you that my memory is missing a few batteries and maybe it was not Sam who was singing. Maybe. But I do remember a skit where a bunch of Muppets were singing together on stage and they started getting blown up. The blowing up part is true, because that was what gave me a belly-ache of a laugh.

peyjenk

Reaction score
Still, that's a rather specific memory... are you certain it is Sam?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah perhaps some of the details might be wrong, but the sketch could have happened.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I don't recall any such sketch, but if it happened in one form or another there's a one in three chance that it will be on the upcoming season three release.
I don't recall anything like it on the first two season sets.

It sounds like it could have involved Crazy Harry with the blowings up.

David French

Reaction score
I can agree with you that my memory is missing a few batteries and maybe it was not Sam who was singing. Maybe. But I do remember a skit where a bunch of Muppets were singing together on stage and they started getting blown up. The blowing up part is true, because that was what gave me a belly-ache of a laugh.
Thinking about this, the only thing I can think of that resembles what you have written is "Why Can't We Be Friends?" number from the John Denver episode.

Can you give us any more details regarding this skit?

peyjenk

Reaction score
Thinking about this, the only thing I can think of that resembles what you have written is "Why Can't We Be Friends?" number from the John Denver episode.
That's what I was thinking, too.

That or the "Night at the Pops" bit with the balloon-headed conductor.

hwashu

Reaction score

Can you give us any more details regarding this skit?
Unfortunately, I cannot give you any more details --> bad memory. :stick_out_tongue: Though, the idea about Crazy Harry seems like a good lead. Was there ever a sketch where a whole bunch of muppets were on stage singing and Crazy Harry was blowing them up?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm sure I remember a song where people were blowing up...but that won't help you as my mind is even sketchier than yours...