New Claw Muppets at Metreon SF

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
They really should have made a Beaker. It makes sense for him to get deformed and become all creepy, however with his simple design I doubt he'd get all smooshy. Well, that's what I thought about half these guys.

I still will never understand how plush Kermits have devolved over the years. It's a design they used to get right for years! :smile:

I do have a soft spot for that freaky Fozzioid! There's just something enticing about his creepy factor that makes him so darn' adorable! :embarrassed:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
And we're wasting all our money on those Master Replicas when we can get these for so much cheaper :big_grin:
Not neccessarily true...by the time the grab mechanism decides to actually hold onto one I think they'll work out about the same price.

P.S For a second I thought the image of Gonzo was the new MR prototype from China...only joking, ONLY JOKING!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I still will never understand how plush Kermits have devolved over the years. It's a design they used to get right for years! :smile:
I think the last Great Kermit Plush I've seen was the Macy*s thanksgiving promotional plush. Now, that one was amazing on so many levels.

It is a shame that these Carney game Muppets look Awful. I mean, remember the Nanco Muppet carney dolls? I have the giant Fozzie someone bought at a rummage sale 2 years ago (and it still smells like rummage sale. I've been fabreezing it every week). the nose is a little off, and the eye placement could have used work, but it was still pertty amazing. Heck, didn't they even have a Pepe? A Pepe plush is the holy grail of muppet collectibles. I'd say I'm just as surprised they didn't make him, as much as you are with Beaker (since Beaker seems to have made the jump from Cult to mainstream cult, just like Animal did).

But to me, these are even worse looking than the Starbucks puppets, which at least had the excuse of being really really tiny (and tiny plush are very hard things to make look good).

But the other crane game toys, as you mentioned, Simpsons, Disney, Sesame Street (Indeed, I still see a few), and the random mvoie ones. They look pretty decent quality. much better than the standard Carney game plush. Why, as I stated Earlier, Nanco sure has high quality stuff that should actually sell in actual stores so people can actually buy them. (Still bitter at not winning a Heathcliff all those years ago).