Muppets Win DVD Awards

Brooklyn

Reaction score
From Hollywood Reporter today --

A complete-series boxed set of "Get Smart" won the top honor at the fourth annual TV DVD Awards, while shows featuring Jim Henson's Muppet characters won three awards.

The second-season DVD of "The Muppet Show" won for best 1970s series and best children's program, while another Henson favorite, "Fraggle Rock: Season 3," won best 1980s series.

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
yay, i heard about this already, maybe disney will take the Muppet Show seriously now.

Brooklyn

Reaction score
Thankfully, Disney does. Otherwise, would we have gotten the wonderful dvd sets?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Thankfully, Disney does. Otherwise, would we have gotten the wonderful dvd sets?
Hehe! Great point there!

Go Muppets! Congratulations Disney, and thanks for putting so much effort into making Season 2 uncut.

Congraulations JHC! And good luck on the rest of the season sets everyone!

zns

Reaction score
The second-season DVD of "The Muppet Show" won for best 1970s series and best children's program,
Hopefully an honor like this will encourage Disney to keep producing more Muppet stuff for the audience like us.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I think this is great news. Hopefully it'll push the big Diz to release the three remaining sets a little bit faster... :smirk:

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
I dont care about it being fast just as long as its uncut and has great bonus features.