Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Reaction score
I guess by the end of today at the latest..................I was able to order mine from my UK supplier yesterday even though Im not a part of the MR club.
How much are they from the UK supplier Antony?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
How much are they from the UK supplier Antony?
Not too sure..............Animal is £160 inc delivery which is bloody cheap so Gonzo should be around the same. I get mine from the COllector Zone, they are owned by Corgi Inc who are owned by MR ... I think! Their number is 01923 200138 ask for Neil....he will be able to order Gonzo for you!

mrsieve

Reaction score
The Muppets are not the Muppets without Scooter. :wink:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
The Muppets are not the Muppets without Scooter. :wink:
Too true.........I cannot believe they may consider not making him as he is not as well known. The way I see this is that the replicas are gonna be bought by real Muppet Fans and these fans are gonna love Scooter so from that I would assume that Scooter would sell. What do you think?

Telly

Reaction score
I'm with MisterSuperstar - I'd LOVED to have both Rizzo and Scooter. Rizzo's my favorite, but there's something missing since Scooter hasn't been part of the main bunch. That's one thing I liked about the Palisades figures, I could put classic characters next to modern characters to see how they'd compliment each other. Scooter and Rizzo both compliment each other really well when they're next to each other in my opinion.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It has to be considered just who this line is for? I'm not certain myself. The prices are justifiably steep, but I'll save up. Some huge fans have just written-off getting these because of that and I understand that too.

I know there's this big market for the Palisades Muppets (now that the line is long over...go figure) among just plain omni-collector types. But most that I have spoken to are passing on these. That could change in years to come, but we're talking the secondary market by then. MR gets no money for such resales.

When making a product like this - even a Kermit - MR probably suspects that even if the product sells-through it will still sell at a slower pace than the average item.

Personally, I think these are for the fans. Fans with enough cash backing a dedication to the line. I like the idea of chickens, penguins and such, but heck, depending on the price I might not get those items or accessory expansion packs either. I'm concentrated on the signature characters.

Question - who would sell more in this line - Scooter or Dr. Teeth?
:wink: :big_grin:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
It has to be considered just who this line is for? I'm not certain myself. The prices are justifiably steep, but I'll save up. Some huge fans have just written-off getting these because of that and I understand that too.

I know there's this big market for the Palisades Muppets (now that the line is long over...go figure) among just plain omni-collector types. But most that I have spoken to are passing on these. That could change in years to come, but we're talking the secondary market by then. MR gets no money for such resales.

When making a product like this - even a Kermit - MR probably suspects that even if the product sells-through it will still sell at a slower pace than the average item.

Personally, I think these are for the fans. Fans with enough cash backing a dedication to the line. I like the idea of chickens, penguins and such, but heck, depending on the price I might not get those items or accessory expansion packs either. I'm concentrated on the signature characters.

Question - who would sell more in this line - Scooter or Dr. Teeth?

:wink: :big_grin:
Agreed with you on this.

My answer to the Q is for me both! Only because I would buy both without hesetation.............I guess Scooter may sell more than Dr Teeth only because Id assume the good Dr would be slightly more to buy.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Agreed with you on this.

My answer to the Q is for me both! Only because I would buy both without hesetation.............I guess Scooter may sell more than Dr Teeth only because Id assume the good Dr would be slightly more to buy.
I would imagine that Teeth would quite a bit considering the size and the detail in his outfit. It kinda depends on how much MR want to put into the line. The more simple the character, the easier it is to copy but when we get into the likes of EM characters, even slight flaws would be quite noticable to us real fans but maybe not so to casual fans. Gonzo is a prime example.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Very true........my next 3 would have to be Scooter, Rowlf and Rizzo or Pepe. Id love to see Sweetums but I guess just the postage cost would be like a small morgage!

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Very true........my next 3 would have to be Scooter, Rowlf and Rizzo or Pepe. Id love to see Sweetums but I guess just the postage cost would be like a small morgage!
Saying that, I was really impressed with the Pallisades Sweetums Mega Muppet. The detail was amazing.
After Piggy and Fozzie, Rowlf, Scooter then Rizzo or Robin for me. I'd buy Pepe if he was released, and I think we probably will see him sometime soon, but I'd hope for the older characters first. I wonder how Terry Angus would get on creating a Sam the Eagle replica. That's be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.