TMTM: Kermit's Accident

muppetfan89

Reaction score
In muppets take manhattan, when kermit gets hit by a car, did anyone cry, or get a little scared? I always got scared everytime that part came up, when I was little, cause the way it happened, seemed a little disturbing.

BabyScooter

Reaction score
I was a little startled when I saw it but I kind of knew it because I think my mom told what happend.

Pork

Reaction score
When I first saw it I was a bit shocked...like...Kermit Can't get hit by a car dude!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't recall the very first time I saw the scene, but yes it was always very upsetting. The real strength of MTM is the emotion it evokes. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I remember I had one of those "Jaw drop...how can this happen..." moments the first time I saw it, although I should have known it was coming because he was sooo happy. But I really did start to tear up when he played Together Again on the water glasses.

The thing that always got me about Muppets Take Manhatten was when it suddenly cut to the doctor walking through the hospital. I always think that the movie has somehow switched channels and I'm watching a doctor show.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I didn't cry but it did get me a little bit scared because he's the one making the show work and working his flippers off for all of his friends, and then he becomes indisposed. I know it brings his friends together, and it's very touching and a good plot device, but I always thought it was a really unfortunate way to do it. However it doesn't scare me anymore and I love the scene where he's in the hospital being tested for amnesia.

Beauregard

Reaction score
However it doesn't scare me anymore and I love the scene where he's in the hospital being tested for amnesia.
I cannot watch that doctor twisting his arms about and giving him abuse without cringing...I kinda have to cover my eyes.

Beauregard

Reaction score
It is funny...but I do cringe. Oddly, I have no problem with the torture scene in MTI, while I shudder inside when Gonzo throws starfish at that ant-ish creature.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with Prawnie on that one. It's just a ludicrous way to test for amnesia. Maybe you're just a little squeamish when it comes to Kermit, beau!

On a related note, does anyone else get confused when Kermit works for Ocean Breeze soap? Because I'm so used to Steve Whitmire's Kermit now, I get totally disoriented when I hear both Jim's frog voice and Steve's frog voice at the same time. It's always bothered me and I recently pinned it down to that.