Pigs' Lullaby Of Broadway Question

SillyRed

Reaction score
Why did the pig muppets, the penguin, the walrus, the fishes, and the chicken do "Lullaby Of Broadway" in an arctic setting instead of the city?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Well as far as the penguin, walrus and fish are concerned they must have felt right at home.
But seriously I think the show's writers probably wanted to just do things a little bit unusual from what you might expect to make the number stick in our memories more vividly.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Right that was part of their humor, to take a familiar situation and turn it on its head into something completely bizarre and crazy. :smile:

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
Well as far as the penguin, walrus and fish are concerned they must have felt right at home.
But seriously I think the show's writers probably wanted to just do things a little bit unusual from what you might expect to make the number stick in our memories more vividly.

Lol Marty, I agree. It really is unusual. :smile:

David French

Reaction score
Why did the pig muppets, the penguin, the walrus, the fishes, and the chicken do "Lullaby Of Broadway" in an arctic setting instead of the city?
You may as well ask why did they do certain song numbers in certain ways? The bulk of the musical numbers were incongruous in one way or another - that was the whole point.

maniacal muppet

Reaction score
You may as well ask why did they do certain song numbers in certain ways? The bulk of the musical numbers were incongruous in one way or another - that was the whole point.
Just like the "Alabamy Bound" number w/ the penguin pilgrims, right?