Favorite Sam and Friends characters

ploobis

Reaction score
Hey Fellow Muppet Fans!

Do you have any favorite Muppet characters from Sam and Friends? My favorites are the following.

1. KERMIT

2. SAM

3. HARRY THE HIPSTER

4. YORICK

5. PROFESSOR MADCLIFFE

6. CHICKEN LIVER

7. MOLDY HAY

8. HANK & FRANK

"Who are your favorite Sam and Friend Muppets? These were the Muppets that started it all!" :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, I pick Harry the Hipster, I remember seeing the "Visual Thinking" sketch even as a little kid.

I never saw him in action, but I think Mushmellon is adorable! Lol

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Well it's hard to really pick favorites from Sam and Friends due to none of them really having real personalites, they just mostly lip-sync and were abstract characters, Kermit wasn't even a frog at that time.

But I guess I would go with Kermit all the way.

ploobis

Reaction score
Well, I pick Harry the Hipster, I remember seeing the "Visual Thinking" sketch even as a little kid.

I never saw him in action, but I think Mushmellon is adorable! Lol
I don't think that Mushmellon was in any of the surviving episodes. That's ashame! He seems like a cool character.

I got to see the Sam & Friends puppets displayed at the Smithsonian! :smile:

ploobis

Reaction score
If any of you never saw any of the Sam and Friends episodes you can get them from Kermiclown's website or you can wait for the early Henson works DVD set possibly. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That must have been cool! :smile:

I just like Mushmellon's open mouth and big smile, lol.

ploobis

Reaction score
Well it's hard to really pick favorites from Sam and Friends due to none of them really having real personalites, they just mostly lip-sync and were abstract characters, Kermit wasn't even a frog at that time.

But I guess I would go with Kermit all the way.
I know those early characters did not really have any personalites but ya have to understand that they were the original Muppet gang of the 1950's.

One of my favorite Sam and Friends episodes has got to be "Ole Black Magic"!

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I know those early characters did not really have any personalites but ya have to understand that they were the original Muppet gang of the 1950's.

One of my favorite Sam and Friends episodes has got to be "Ole Black Magic"!
Oh I do understand that, I'm not saying that the show wasn't entertaining, don't get me wrong. In fact I have some episodes of Sam and Friends on DVD. I love all of Jim Henson's work.

And I too loved the "Ole Black Magic" episode, classic. I also loved Jaye P. Morgan singing it in season 2 of the Muppet show along side Dr. Teeth. It's a great song, I would love to have it on MP3 and add it to my Ipod.

ploobis

Reaction score
Oh I do understand that, I'm not saying that the show wasn't entertaining, don't get me wrong. In fact I have some episodes of Sam and Friends on DVD. I love all of Jim Henson's work.

And I too loved the "Ole Black Magic" episode, classic. I also loved Jaye P. Morgan singing it in season 2 of the Muppet show along side Dr. Teeth. It's a great song, I would love to have it on MP3 and add it to my Ipod.
Did you get your Sam and Friends DVD from kermiclown's website?

You can download J.P. & Dr. Teeth's version of Ole Black Magic from the website Muppet Musique. That site has alot of great Muppet music that you can download. I downloaded a bunch of songs from that site myself. You should check it out.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Did you get your Sam and Friends DVD from kermiclown's website?

You can download J.P. & Dr. Teeth's version of Ole Black Magic from the website Muppet Musique. That site has alot of great Muppet music that you can download. I downloaded a bunch of songs from that site myself. You should check it out.
Yes actually I did get my Sam and Friends DVD from Kermiclown.

Really I can download an MP3 of "Ole Black Magic" would you mind posting or pm me a link?