Tinseltown News

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I don't think they'd film more than the pilot without a committment from a broadcaster. Yes constructing the puppets, etc. is expensive but writing, setting, filming, directing, and editing multiple episodes would be even more expensive.

Hopefully we'll see more-- I thought there was a committment for more. Some how I got the impression they were going to air the pilot and then we'd see more later in the season.

Never been a Piggy fan myself. I agree with most of what Luke said about her. Always wished the Muppets had more female Muppets to help balance the pig. Nothing bugs me as much as people using Piggy to represent all women because she is so far and away the most visible female Muppet.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
This is off topic, lol, but I just wanted to say that as a female, I've always been happy to have Piggy (not that I didn't wish for more female characters. :wink: ).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Did it bug anyone else that there were only two Puppets in the show? I expected more...possibly the driver? Or a shop-owner? Why would there exist only two talking animals in Hollywood? (Besides Babe and that PG Tips Monkey that is).

As for Piggy....tsk tsk. She's gorgeous, stylish, and while she may be a diva, she really is a classic classy lady and all attempts to modernize her haven't really worked because she isn't a loose woman, she's a classy diva.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I had read that there would only be the two puppets so that didn't bother me. I kile seeing Muppets out in the world interacting with humans and having it not be an issue that they're foam talking animals.

It might have thrown me if I hadn't known going in.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahhh. I see. Slightly bizare...but if that's the way they are going, I'll roll with it. I really do enjoy the subtilties in the design of the puppets and the emotion they can bring. Especially Samson, when he's chopping stuff for lunch. He seems so tired/sad/confused/bored/whatever, which is great to portray in a very simple puppet sigh.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
It'd be nice if they at least let us know when we might see a new episode....

Luke

Reaction score
Maybe we should get emailing them to show some support

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Maybe we should get emailing them to show some support
If the Henson Company has demonstrated anything in the past years it is that every step of production is quite tentative on their part. Budget, marketing, talent negotiation, pitching all has a lengthy process by nature, especially with smaller companies. :rolleyes:

Voicing support is a wonderful thing – and the best way to do it appears to be through the Henson podcast! They do get back to you and don’t appear to be getting many questions or comments for the shows. A high concentration of Tinseltown support there would really blip the radar due to lack of competing inquiries. :cool:

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
If the Henson Company has demonstrated anything in the past years it is that every step of production is quite tentative on their part. Budget, marketing, talent negotiation, pitching all has a lengthy process by nature, especially with smaller companies. :rolleyes:

Voicing support is a wonderful thing – and the best way to do it appears to be through the Henson podcast! They do get back to you and don’t appear to be getting many questions or comments for the shows. A high concentration of Tinseltown support there would really blip the radar due to lack of competing inquiries. :cool:
I would but there's one problem..ever since they changed the site I've not been able to view or listen to the Podcasts.