The Jim Henson Hour

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Do we know why this series was so short lived?

Was it a victim of bad scheduling, was it not well done or both?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It was cancled. I've seen different comments from different people who ahve different ideas of why it was probably cancled. In Jim Henson: The Works, it is said that fans were probably expecting something more simple that what the show was (like a slightly updated Mupet Show). Steve Whitmire said in his Mupet Central interview that it was hard to tell where the show took place at. I've seen an interview with somebody who said that NBC didn't know what to do with the show. I think Jerry Nelson said in his Muppet Central interview that he figured it might have been too much to see The Storyteller following the Muppets.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
What do you mean by NBC didn't know what to do with the show?
I don't know. I had read an interview with soembody invovled witht he Mupets who mentioend that a long time ago. I can't even remember who it was whow as interviewed or what website had this interview, but the person interviewed also mentioned that ABC probably didn't know what to do with Muppets Tonight, either.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Personally when I look at JHH now I think it never really stood a chance on network TV, as much I enjoy it. The majority of the audience wasn't going to have the patience to sit through the second half of the episodes. The Muppet segments were good, but it's hard to strike gold twice after The Muppet Show. It was a bit unfocused.