Explosions

ploobis

Reaction score
Explosions have been a trade mark for the Muppets in the 1960's and 1970's, From the Wilkin's Coffee Commercials up to the final episode of The Muppet Show. But then in the mid 80's they kinda stop doing that!

I miss seeing explosions on The Muppets! You never see any explosions on The Muppets today, WHY?

"Who here misses the explosions from the Muppets?" :crazy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I hate to say it... but I think it's because of the growing terror threats around the world. Explosions really aren't all that "funny" to the general audience any more. It really is a shame though.

ploobis

Reaction score
I hate to say it... but I think it's because of the growing terror threats around the world. Explosions really aren't all that "funny" to the general audience any more. It really is a shame though.
In the old days The Muppets did explosions all the time!

Explosions use to be The Muppets trade mark. :crazy:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I know! I LOVE all the old explosions, don't get me wrong! I just think that explosions might be taboo nowadays if they're not in an action film.

ploobis

Reaction score
I know! I LOVE all the old explosions, don't get me wrong! I just think that explosions might be taboo nowadays if they're not in an action film.
No offense, But saying that explosions for Muppets might be taboo nowadays is kinda like saying that Muppet Monsters eating other Muppets might be taboo nowadays too.

"No offense" :smile: :crazy:

ploobis

Reaction score
One of my favorite explosions from the Muppets has to be on the John Denver episode of The Muppet Show where Gonzo's head blows up at the opening theme!

:concern:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Haha! No offense taken! I understand what you're saying. Just trying to be rational about it. :stick_out_tongue: And yes, love Gonzo's exploding head.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Waldorf: That's one of the reasons I always thought the Muppets were weird.

Statler (smoking a cigar): Why's that?

Waldorf: They think explosions are funny.

Statler: Yes...

Waldorf: Explosions aren't funny. (Statler's cigar explodes) Although some of them are really quite droll!

-------------------------------------------

Statler: Now wait just a minute, that's the second time tonight they've had a bomb joke!

Waldorf (produces a bomb; it explodes): Heh heh, three's the charm, heh heh heh!

--TMS

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it was because things started becoming more PC starting in the '80s. The whole thing's definitely gone overboard.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I doubt it. There's so much stuff that's accepted there days that I doubt they would even consider such a thing.