The Muppet Show: Season 6

Teheheman

Reaction score
Jean Stapleton? She did an episode of the Muppet Show in season 3 I believe. I only know that because I have no life and had the time to look that up.

Daniel

JEANYLASER

Reaction score
thank you for the info. But i don't know is why is Jean Stapleton wasn't in the list.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Oh ok, I thought he was in the video, but I wasn't sure if he did any background stuff. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Daniel
Yeah. I don't think he played any instruments on the actual song. But he is an accomplished keyboardist. Throughout the first season of SNL he goofs around as Ronald Reagan, Gregg Allman and in a few various sketches on the ivories. When he came back to host his first two shows in 1978 and 1980, he is seen at the keyboard. On the 1980 show, he even sings and plays "16 Tons" with the SNL band...not joking or as a character, but as himself.

Teheheman

Reaction score
Dangnabit, that's what I get for trying to do my research. People already say stuff while I'm typing it.

Daniel

Teheheman

Reaction score
Yeah. I don't think he played any instruments on the actual song. But he is an accomplished keyboardist. Throughout the first season of SNL he goofs around as Ronald Reagan, Gregg Allman and in a few various sketches on the ivories. When he came back to host his first two shows in 1978 and 1980, he is seen at the keyboard. On the 1980 show, he even sings and plays "16 Tons" with the SNL band...not joking or as a character, but as himself.
I knew that he was an original cast member but left after a season and a half, he also said that was probably the worst decision that he ever made. But, nobody liked him in the back, I don't know if he's allowed back to host or allowed back to do guest spots anymore, but oh well. What can ya do?

Daniel

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I knew that he was an original cast member but left after a season and a half, he also said that was probably the worst decision that he ever made. But, nobody liked him in the back, I don't know if he's allowed back to host or allowed back to do guest spots anymore, but oh well. What can ya do?

Daniel
Chevy was head writer and full-time cast member for SNL in its first season (October 1975 - July 1976). He won two Emmys, one for writing and one for performing. He was already planning to leave the show by this time, but he was talked into doing the first six shows of the second season. After his final show on October 30, 1976, short, filmed commercial parodies starring Chevy were inserted into the last remaining shows of the year. After Christmas break, in January '77, Bill Murray joined the cast.

Chevy has hosted SNL many times since 1978. He has also appeared in many cameo spots, and participates in almost everything that has to do with the early years of the show.

Other potential Muppet guest stars:

Eric Idle
Michael Palin
Dame Edna
Jimmy Dean
Richard Thomas
Erik Estrada
William Shatner
Gary Burghoff
Farrah Fawcett
Orson Welles
Patty Duke

peyjenk

Reaction score

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think two people who would've been AWESOME on The Muppet Show if it had carried on for another season would be Gary Burghoff and Jamie Farr!

Anyone agree?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I think two people who would've been AWESOME on The Muppet Show if it had carried on for another season would be Gary Burghoff and Jamie Farr!

Anyone agree?
Ah yes! How could I forget Jamie Farr! I could picture him in the opening (although the opening would probably have been different had it gone into a 6th season...anyway), in drag, and Pops hitting on him, mistaking him for a woman!