Six String Orchestra continuity

UncleMatt'sBack

Reaction score
I'm guessing that the song was written before The Mupet Show, and if that's true, Dr. Teeth's absense was probably a result of there being no lines about having a keyboard player in the six string orchestra. I know that more musiciasn were there after the setting switched. But anybody could have performed Janice then. I wonder if it might have been Steve Whitmire, since he liked to perform characters who played instruments (though he also could have performed one of the generic background musicians, or Nigel). Richard Hunt probably did perform the "ghost" image of Janice, since the "ghost" images had to have been filmed seperately from when Scooter was filmed.
I'm just assuming it was Jim performing, because none of his characters (unless you count Nigel) were around, and since, at the end, Richard obviously couldn't perform both Scooter and Janice at the same time, Jim would be the logical choice. It could've been Steve too--he often performed Fozzie when he and another Frank Oz character were needed in the same shot.

On a similar note---check out the closing number in the Elton John episode. I'm convinced that since Frank was performing Miss Piggy in that number, Dave Goelz was performing Animal, since there's no sign of Zoot anywhere, and it was taped before Steve, Kathryn Mullen, Karen Prell, etc. joined up.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On a similar note---check out the closing number in the Elton John episode. I'm convinced that since Frank was performing Miss Piggy in that number, Dave Goelz was performing Animal, since there's no sign of Zoot anywhere, and it was taped before Steve, Kathryn Mullen, Karen Prell, etc. joined up.
I'm convinced that as well. I think Louise Gold was performing Dr. Teeth's hands.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Yes, it could have worked that way, though Kermit was in front of the curtain before it raised, and it didn't look like the camera was moving up quickly before raising, so that would have had to have been one big monitor.
I always assumed Kermit's stage introductions were shot seperately from the actual acts (look at the editing for most of these scenes; the opening of the curtains appears to have been matted onto the portions of the scenes after Kermit's introduction).