The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
I THINK I saw the "When You Wish Upon A Chipmunk" cover during the credits of the movie.
I always though of "The Chipmunks" as Alvin & the Chipmunks. I guess cuz my friends and I referred to Chip n Dale as "Rescue Rangers". :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I THINK I saw the "When You Wish Upon A Chipmunk" cover during the credits of the movie.
I wouldn't know, stupid people kept getting up and walking in front of us during the closing credits, so I never did see all the covers during the closing credits. I didn't even get to rid the special tribute to Ross Bagdasarian Sr. message.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I always though of "The Chipmunks" as Alvin & the Chipmunks. I guess cuz my friends and I referred to Chip n Dale as "Rescue Rangers". :smirk:
I wonder how many people think of Lassie when they hear "Rescue Rangers"

Drtooth

Reaction score
Good news for people who didn't buy the Chipmunk Adventure movie, bad news for people who actually want to see the show on DVD.

Still, it's stifeling and disappointing they didn't plan to release the Avin Show on DVD yet.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I still wish SOMEBODY would air the 80s cartoon in succession to the movie since it did surprisingly well.

Now my question is this: didn't they JUST release The Chipmunk Adventure on DVD like last year or so for like a twentieth anniversary special edition or something? So, why re-release it again so soon for yet another special edition set? Will this set have more special features like possibly scenes that had to be cut from the movie so they could meet their deadline that was fast approaching them?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, I still wish SOMEBODY would air the 80s cartoon in succession to the movie since it did surprisingly well.
Again, if its a rights issue with the music (though quite a few of the earlier episodes used Sound a likes, and aren't under the licencee problems of other episodes)< I wonder why no one has given a release date for the Alvin show, which uses public domain and original music...

Now my question is this: didn't they JUST release The Chipmunk Adventure on DVD like last year or so for like a twentieth anniversary special edition or something? So, why re-release it again so soon for yet another special edition set? Will this set have more special features like possibly scenes that had to be cut from the movie so they could meet their deadline that was fast approaching them?
Well, this discription doesn,'t give too much:

While not a title we would include in our release listings here (since it's not a TV episode), it's also worth mentioning that on the same date (April 1st) Paramount will also release The Chipmunk Adventure - Special Edition, a new DVD-and-CD combo package of the 1987 theatrical film on the DVD disc, plus an 11-track CD disc with songs by The Chipmunks and their female counterparts, The Chipettes. All songs are from the movie, including "Wooly Bully" and "Girls of Rock 'N Roll". The 76-minute film plus soundtrack will sell for $16.99 SRP.
Now, I'm hoping by special edition, they mean they actually have a better print of the film, and can release it widescreen or something. If not, I guess the only special thing is that we actually can get a copy of the soundtrack.

however, as much as I would write off the crummy 3 episode releases of the series, THIS is great news:
That covers all the releases which are already on the market. But more is coming! Now, just in time to tie in with the home video release of the new theatrical film, Paramount Home Entertainment has announced an April 1st release of Alvin And The Chipmunks - The Chipmunk Comedies!. It will run $14.99 SRP and come with three film-themed episodes from the "Go To The Movies" era, near the end of the series run. Two episodes are new-to-DVD: "Bigger!" and "Back to Alvin's Future" (not to be confused with a similar episode title with Dave).
Back to Alvin's Future is a must see for any Chipmunk fan. Not only does it feature the return of Clyde Crashcup (in the Dr. Emmet L Brown role), but it hillariously spoofs the original Alvin series to a T, even making fun of the animation, and technology concerning vocal speed ups (the past chipmunks talk in a slow, stilted manner, resembling the slow talk needed to be spead up coherently). I was avoiding most of these, but this one definately sounds like a winner.

It says the Chipmunks go to the Movies will be out of print by then (explaining why Funny, we Shrunk the Adults is the third feature). A shame, but I alredy have the VHS of Batmunk, and Star Wreck was pretty disappointing. Of course, I have the VHS of both Bigger and Back to Alvin's Future....

But I'm still disappointed they didn't bother with a DVD set of all 13 movies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Back to Alvin's Future is a must see for any Chipmunk fan. Not only does it feature the return of Clyde Crashcup (in the Dr. Emmet L Brown role), but it hillariously spoofs the original Alvin series to a T, even making fun of the animation, and technology concerning vocal speed ups (the past chipmunks talk in a slow, stilted manner, resembling the slow talk needed to be spead up coherently). I was avoiding most of these, but this one definately sounds like a winner.
Lol, yeah, I've seen some of clips of The Alvin Show on YouTube, and the way the Chipmunks spoke back in those days are a little awkward...

ALVIN: Hey. Dave?
DAVE: Yes Alvin?
ALVIN: How. Can. You. Enjoy. This. Song. If. You're. Not. Irish?
DAVE: Do I have to be Irish to enjoy the song?
ALVIN: Well. It. Would. Certainly. Help!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It also does a great job of making fun of how Theodore always laughed every five seconds for no reason. But I love that dead on satire, and I'm disappointed they never did anything like that with the new TMNT series. I like how they made a stab at April being a reporter, wearing a yellow Jumpsuit (APRIL: How do I look? CASEY: Great! If you're removing Toxic waste) and stuff like that (A Bebop Lookalike appears in Future Shellshock, while Genosuke-a character from Usagi Yojimbo that's a rhino- appeared in Rocksteady's get up as a gag). But I really would have liked to see the new TMNT crack jokes about their old series.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
When i bought my dvd like two years ago or so, it came with a CD soundtrack of the film, it was a special only at :rolleyes: Walmart:shifty: at the time.