The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
In their first episode, the Chipettes were actually using the name "The Chipmunks".

unclematt

Reaction score
Maybe the movie could be aboutgetting the girls out of the eighties and into the 21st century.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Maybe the movie could be aboutgetting the girls out of the eighties and into the 21st century.
Either that or it'll be about them becoming little chippy strippers and Justin Long would do a duel role and do Alvin's voice, and be in charge of the club he has the Chipettes stripping at.

unclematt

Reaction score
Why are we so obsessed with the Chipettes getting naked?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why are we so obsessed with the Chipettes getting naked?
Lol, I couldn't resist.

On a serious note, though, if there's a sequel that doesn't feature them, like Telly is so hopeful for, who else besides me thinks that there's a great, big, fat chance that the plot is going to have something to do with "Uncle Ian" getting revenge?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah. They shoudl stop watching Strawberry Shortcake, He-Man and TMNT and watch current hits like Strawberry Shortcake, He-Man, and TMNT.... :wink:

I could really see something similar to the cartoon happening with the film this time. I would love to see them be fearce competitiors. Too bad David Cross would clearly not be in that film. Or would he? What if he was the Chipettes manager, but this time he was totally henpecked by them? That actually could work.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reminds of how at the end of the last movie where Ian's trying to get a trio of actual non-talking chipmunks to sing so he could make money off his own singing chipmunks reminded of that Chipmunk rip-off that came shortly after their debut called the Nutty Squirrels.

EDIT: Ziffeled by Drtooth...

Drtooth said:
I could really see something similar to the cartoon happening with the film this time. I would love to see them be fearce competitiors. Too bad David Cross would clearly not be in that film. Or would he? What if he was the Chipettes manager, but this time he was totally henpecked by them? That actually could work.
I agree, that could work, actually... I think that would work very well, perhaps him managing the Chipettes would be his way at getting back at Dave for taking back the Chipmunks.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
NO! NO! Visions of people playing CD's on record players... GAAAAAAHHHHH....
Hahaha! Yeah, I fully agree, let's not go there.

The Chipettes could totally be a modern pop/rock band, maybe something close to Avril Lavigne? Not far off for the characters but a style that kids would be familiar with. Let's avoid the whole r&b rap thing.

unclematt

Reaction score
Any chance you think we will get a new Alvin and the chipmunks animated series based on the popularity of the movie?