The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
For a hillarious send up of the Chipmunks, look here
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vpNNduExImk
Al man! I saw that episode not to long ago! Classic!:smile:

Yup, I keep saying kids today are being taught more than ever that if something is old, they don't need to know about it. They just need to know what's going on in their small bubble world.
That kinda worries me! Why do they choose Making a buck on over something that's not built to last over substance?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yup, I keep saying kids today are being taught more than ever that if something is old, they don't need to know about it. They just need to know what's going on in their small bubble world.

mmmmmmmm... depends. For style purposes, they do wear nostalgic T-Shirts, and some of them are 1980's kid posers. I recal the time girls were wearing Looney Tunes T-shirts and they didn't give a Bunny's Bug about or who they were. Leading to the misconception Tweety is a girl, and dressing him up in girl's clothes. (If I had that episode of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries I could prove he's a boy. he actually makes reference to people that think he's a girl).

So you can see a lot of goth kids pretending to like Nightmare before Christmas, and punk people wearing shirts of bands they never listen to. i fear even my 17 year old sister is an 80's posser. She pretends to like SMB Super Show, and she really doesn't!

Telly

Reaction score
I thought I remember an episode where Sylvester dressed his thumb up in a dress and a bonnet and Tweety kissing it, thinking it was a girl. Thus making Tweety a male or a lesbian. I'm guessing male. :rolleyes:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I recall the time girls were wearing Looney Tunes T-shirts and they didn't give a Bunny's Bug about or who they were.
Yeah, Tweety's a boy LOL! But maybe they we're wearing it because the characters looked cute or something?

Drtooth

Reaction score
It started out that way, then they made him go all Mr.2 and be a transvestite for marketing purposes.

In the Sylvester and Tweety episode (I forget the title) Granny says, "Some people belive in aliens" (or something to that effect) to which Tweety replies "Pwobabwy the same people who tink I'm a girl!"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
You mean they put him in dresses or something? I mean some people do that to baby boys.

But I know it's a cartoon bird?

Telly

Reaction score
Not sure if they've put him in a dress, but I've seen him surrounded by hearts and flowers on women's shirts. It bugs me when they do that! Same with when they started doing that with Scooby-Doo!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh yeah. I saw that Scooby Doo stuff. Who wants to bet Elmo is their next target?

Telly

Reaction score
i'm not a big fan of Elmo so they can do that. :stick_out_tongue: