Piggy in Flashdance

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wasn't Flashdance a stage musical first? I may be wrong...was that before Muppets Go to the Movies?

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Wasn't Flashdance a stage musical first? I may be wrong...was that before Muppets Go to the Movies?
Nope. Flashdance was a movie first.

Yet another in a long line of movies-turned-into-musicals.

I hear a film version of Mama Mia is in the works. Wonder how that'll turn out?

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
I hear a film version of Mama Mia is in the works. Wonder how that'll turn out?
Terrible. There's no need to wonder.

The new Hairspray movie looks good though. Glad to see Michelle Pfeiffer (sp?) back.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Mamma Mia has a plot and I must say they weave ABBA songs in quite well to fit the plot. It's about a girl who is getting married and has three potential guys that could be her father, so she invites all three of them to the wedding. It's kind of cute actually.

Back to this video, I just watched it for the first time last night and it was kind of strange I must say. I had never seen it before and I found it a bit well, weird and trippy actually! Fun to see though.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
Mamma Mia has a plot and I must say they weave ABBA songs in quite well to fit the plot. It's about a girl who is getting married and has three potential guys that could be her father, so she invites all three of them to the wedding. It's kind of cute actually.
Ah! Thanks for the info!:smile:

Kar Ma

Reaction score
Aaah. Classic '80s weirdness. I loved the '80s but not as much as the Muppets. This video was a great example/parody of the time.

Personally, I think musicals made into films is generally uncouth. However, I loved Evita. But I understand Argentina was outraged by the leading lady choice and banned the film as a result.