The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
my second favorite Stones song! (albeit, a very distant 2nd to "Paint It, Black")
It's tough, but my favorite Stones song is probably "Gimme Shelter," followed by "Long Long While," a somewhat obscure (in America, anyway) slow blues number that was originally the b-side to "Paint It, Black" in the U.K. This is closely followed by #3, "Out of Time." The Ramones did a pretty good cover of this song on their '93 album, "Acid Eaters," which was all covers.

anytimepally

Reaction score
It's tough, but my favorite Stones song is probably "Gimme Shelter," followed by "Long Long While," a somewhat obscure (in America, anyway) slow blues number that was originally the b-side to "Paint It, Black" in the U.K. This is closely followed by #3, "Out of Time." The Ramones did a pretty good cover of this song on their '93 album, "Acid Eaters," which was all covers.
I've not heard "Long Long While".. I'll have to check that out, but speaking of blues numbers, I also like "Tumblin' Dice"

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
I've not heard "Long Long While".. I'll have to check that out, but speaking of blues numbers, I also like "Tumblin' Dice"
Yeah, "Exile" is one of my all-time favorite albums!

As far as I know, "Long Long While" is only available in the U.S. on the 2-disc Stones compilation, Hot Rocks, Vol. 2.