Pigs singing the Happy Wanderer

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
They had probably assumed that as long as they were watching their step and that the rope was firm and secure, then they would be perfectly safe.

After all, if the pig lower down perchance slipped, the higher one would brace himself firmly against the mountain side to break the fall, so his friend could regain his grip, foothold and balance.

And on the other hand if the higher pig perchance slipped, the lower one would brace himself firmly against the mountain side with one hand held up to catch his friend, halting his fall and he could carefully regain his position.

So they thought eh?:big_grin:
That is true... but what if one of the pigs slipped so fast that the other piggy (or piggies, heh) didn't have a chance to brace themselves? That could be bad! :eek: Though a rope is obviously used often in mountain or rock climbing... because I just do that kinda thing so much, right? :wink: Though, you are right... after the first pig fell, I think they were paying a lot of attention to focusing on both the rope being firm and secure and to keeping their footing just right. And hey, it almost worked! But before their buddy fell, I think they were focusing most on keeping their footing, so maybe they wouldn't have to worry so much about the rope.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
That is true... but what if one of the pigs slipped so fast that the other piggy (or piggies, heh) didn't have a chance to brace themselves? That could be bad! :eek: Though a rope is obviously used often in mountain or rock climbing... because I just do that kinda thing so much, right? :wink: Though, you are right... after the first pig fell, I think they were paying a lot of attention to focusing on both the rope being firm and secure and to keeping their footing just right. And hey, it almost worked! But before their buddy fell, I think they were focusing most on keeping their footing, so maybe they wouldn't have to worry so much about the rope.
That is true about the risk of mountain or rock climbing. The rope is theoretically used to protect teams of climbers in case one of them falls. Though like you said Caroline, if you don't have time to brace against your partner falling it would be very bad. So the rope is not foolproof but at least it does minimize the chance of fatality.

Provided that there are no evil goats around of course. Then you may just as well not use ropes holding you together at all:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
But before their buddy fell, I think they were focusing most on keeping their footing, so maybe they wouldn't have to worry so much about the rope.
I suppose they would have all been doing that to an extent. Taking their time moving very slowly. That is just plain common sense in any mountain or rock climbing activity.

But when the first pig fell they knew they were in trouble. So before they were just moving slowly and sensibly. But then they were watching where they were stepping even more closely. When as we know, there were no genuine loose rocks to warrant such extreme care. Heh-heh

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
But when the first pig fell they knew they were in trouble. So before they were just moving slowly and sensibly. But then they were watching where they were stepping even more closely. When as we know, there were no genuine loose rocks to warrant such extreme care. Heh-heh
Exactly... they were being even more careful after the first piggy took the dive. And you're absolutely right from your post before, that the rope does minimize the chance of fatality.

And ya know, these piggies may have even taken a mountain climbing class in their earlier years. They teach the pigs about being careful, always keeping the rope completely secure... but they never, ever warn them about evil goats lurkin' around! :wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
Exactly... they were being even more careful after the first piggy took the dive. And you're absolutely right from your post before, that the rope does minimize the chance of fatality.

And ya know, these piggies may have even taken a mountain climbing class in their earlier years. They teach the pigs about being careful, always keeping the rope completely secure... but they never, ever warn them about evil goats lurkin' around! :wink:
HA HA That's a very funny thought Caroline. The pigs in mountain climbing school.:big_grin:

Thinking about this makes me suppose, when the first piggy was staring down the mountain and scrunching up his snout, it may not necessarily have been because he was stupid enough to allow his two best friends to take him up a high mountain for the first time in his life, being scared to death of high places. Nor because he was even remotely fearful that he might go on a big plunge.
The three of them had in fact studied the sport of climbing together voluntarily, and they may have gone happy wandering in many mountain areas together, but maybe he was slightly daunted by the fact that this was far higher than any mountain they had ever been on before.
So he was a little nervous but not really afraid. He knew all about taking care and he'd checked his rope was firmly tied and they all truly did love happy wandering.
But if only their teacher had warned them to keep their eyes peeled and to carry shotguns strapped by their sides, in case they noticed any wicked goats threatening their safety:wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you for inviting me here again Marty.

I think It may have been a sketch on a vadvillian stage show put on my the Muppets the was well rehersed duiring the week, Anr the rocks and the mountain side were all props abd it was performed in front of an audiance and the didn't reallt really die which was why they were laughing at it. Or they could just be really good stunt men. But that's all just speculation.:wink:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
You're welcome William.
Glad you love the levity this sketch inspires in me.:smile:

Skye

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
Thinking about this makes me suppose, when the first piggy was staring down the mountain and scrunching up his snout, it may not necessarily have been because he was stupid enough to allow his two best friends to take him up a high mountain for the first time in his life, being scared to death of high places. Nor because he was even remotely fearful that he might go on a big plunge.
The three of them had in fact studied the sport of climbing together voluntarily, and they may have gone happy wandering in many mountain areas together, but maybe he was slightly daunted by the fact that this was far higher than any mountain they had ever been on before.
So he was a little nervous but not really afraid. He knew all about taking care and he'd checked his rope was firmly tied and they all truly did love happy wandering.
But if only their teacher had warned them to keep their eyes peeled and to carry shotguns strapped by their sides, in case they noticed any wicked goats threatening their safety
Or, maybe that first pig had a feeling... his intuition was in overdrive, and he felt like something was going to happen. Maaayyybeee he had checked his horoscope that day, and it said that he would have a problem if he went happy wandering! Yeah... horoscopes are that exact, aren't they? :wink: So, that was making him feel very, very nervous... and with good reason! Haha, oh yeah... you always have to be prepared for those evil goats! :big_grin:

Yay, I'm glad to see you here too, William! Great speculation, too. :wink:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Thank you Guys!:big_grin:

I never know there was so much to lok into about a Pig sketch on The muppet Show. Not to mention the level of detail that went into it all.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Skye said:
Man, the pigs should've sang the song in German. That would've confused the evil goat so much, he'd stay as far away from them as possible! :big_grin:
That's very good speculation too Caroline, but I know a better idea.

Those three pigs should have invited Miss Piggy to go with them. If she had been the fourth climber at the very bottom end of the rope she would have taken care of the evil goat. I've heard it said that females tend to be far more observant than males. A woman is far less likely to miss something close nearby her than a man.
So therefore she would have noticed the goat attempting to chew her rope off and sent him tumbling down the mountain instead with one great big karate chop:mad: